(VS) Whats a good battle rifle?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by windcaler, Nov 24, 2012.

1. windcaler

Ive been playing infiltrator a lot but I think my playstyle runs completely counter to how the dev's imagined people playing infiltrators. What I tend to do is infiltrate rather then sit back and snipe. Mostly because Im just terrible at sniping but also because moving in and killing people before I start hacking turrets/terminals feels more rewarding.

Anyway, I mostly play VS and Im wondering what a good battle rifle would be? Im looking for something similar to the SKS in battlefield 3. High accuracy, high damage, semi auto rifle that can be used in close quarters with great efficency. I would prefer something able to have a laser sight and a 1x or 2x optic

While this is primarily for VS Ild also like to hear NC and TR alternatives since I intend to play the other factions from time to time. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  2. HittingSmoke

Find Inf weapons in store. Click Unlock. Click "Try".

Find the weapon you like and buy it.
    • Up x 1
  3. AdoCotter

So your playstyle is different from what the Dev's made infiltrators to be, because you infiltrate....with an infiltrator?

In any case. What you want to do is go to the menu where you buy weapons and tick the "Scout rifle" box. The sniper rifles are more bolt-action long/medium range guns. The Scout rifles are more CQC and medium range since they're semi-auto and automatic rifles. Reading the tooltip for both the scout rifle guns for the VS, I'd say go with the Artemis for CQC or the Nyx is you're more of a mid-range person.
  4. gunshooter

Buy your factions full auto scout rifle, the one with 20 bullets in the clip. I can vouch for it being viable at close range. While it's not as good as true CQC weapons, it gets the job done much better than any other Infiltrator weapon at close range. I have about a 2.5 KD playing Infiltrator with that gun and i'm quite happy with it with 2x reflex sight and laser dot.

Tip: Unlock Claymores ASAP.
  5. Soylent

Either of the scout rifles, one is semi-auto other is full auto. Also, claymores.
  6. VKhaun

I have both, and I hate both. I suggest trying them before not buying them. If you absolutely must try to play the infiltrator as an infiltrator even though SoE says you're a sniper, because you're some kind of angry entitled little hipster, then get the full auto one. It's better than using a sniper rifle or pistol, but I don't recommend going 1v1 with it. It's purely for shooting people in the back.

And for the record they are scout rifles. The battle rifle is both of their strengths put together. it's a twenty round semi-auto with less recoil, faster max RoF, and seems to be more damage. I have no data, but I use all three and the battle rifle feels MUCH more useful than either of the scout rifles.
  7. Meiu

I hate posts like these but he raises a point. The fact is infiltrator is pretty much garbage at infiltration. You will have a billion times better efficiency being a light assault and infiltrating. You even get the benefit of instantly killing everyone with your autoshotgun.
  8. windcaler

Considering that infiltrators were given primary weapons for precision long range combat rather then close quarters combat yes I think they were built to focus more on sniping and spotting. If they had more powerful secondaries like revolvers or machine pistols I could see infiltration being a more viable role but really all three factions start off with what seems to be a light pistol. IMO that is an indicator that infiltration is a secondary or maybe even tertiary role to what the Devs intended

Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions. Ill try out the scout rifles if I get the chance tonight
  9. Negator

The Artemis (full auto) is pretty garbage. Low TTK, small clip (cant barely kill a shielded heavy if you land the entire magazine)

Get the Nyx or the Phantom with forward grip and reflex sight. Ive got the Phantom right now and its pretty beastly for the kind of work you want to do.

The Nyx does less damage, more recoil (therefore slower followup shots), but absolutely no sway.
    The Phantom has little recoil, tons of damage, but have to hold shift for medium range targets.

Both have 10/50 ammunition, and kill in basically 3 shots.
  10. SGTTEMPEST

I love the Nyx right now with a 3.4/2x scope depending on what I am doing. 2 shots will drop almost anything as long as you aim for the head. I find the ammunition goes a lot further than the artemis. You'll empty most of a clip to dispatch one guy with the artemis whereas if you have good aim it's 3 shots tops with the Nyx. Maybe I'm just better with the battle rifle style mechanic than full auto of the artemis.