VS vs.TR vs. NC-looking for Dev. feedback

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by qiunn, Nov 1, 2013.

1. qiunn

I am looking for some feedback and other opinions on the following subject. I would really like to hear back from a dev. I don’t post much but have been an active player of EQ and Planetside from beta on both and now Planetside 2. I would very much appreciate some quality feedback as I am on the fence of not playing planetside 2 anymore.
    My computer stats are I5 haswel, OC’d 5.7. sabertooth mother board and a 7970 vid. Card. My ping though my aftermarket router is 20MS to the connery server and my frame rate is 50 to 60 normal and 40 to 50 huge battles. I only add this to take this out of the discussion as I am sure none of that is my problem. I even run sli 7970s and it’s about the same.
    I have been in an old school outfit for about a month now, and I was very much enjoying my time. But I have noticed as well as many others that when we take a base and set up shop on point we get in some real good fights with TR ( I play NC). We lose some we win some, but when we lose we always talk positive about our enemy, “hey they really thought that out” “see the discipline with those guys” that’s fun winning or losing.
    Now to my point, change that same dynamic but make them VS. VS seem to never miss, noobs included. They role right through us with far fewer players and no discipline. Their maxes move and seem to just run in do a 360 in the middle of the room with the trigger held down and game over. Why is this, why do the VS seem to be harder to kill and seem to never miss. My outfit friends say its game lag when I take 1 bullet and run behind cover and hear 2 more hits and die. I seem to be able to empty a clip from 5 meters into a VS player with an anchor and soft point. They spin around and plink, I’m dead. Is this something that optimization is going to fix? Now for the ones that are going to go straight for the “you suck” quote. Why is it I can hold my own with any TR and really tell who is just a flat out better twitch player, I unload a clip into the back of a TR heavy he goes down. He doesn’t spin around and seemingly one shot me. So what’s the different between the 2? And for the ones that say there is no difference why it is the second an alert comes out TR and NC pop plummets and VS pop goes into double over drive. Logic would state all those players switching from one faction to the other during and alert says a lot more than just myself think the VS has some sort of an advantage. So what is it I am missing and why has this not been addressed? My roommate played for 3 days and gave up, couldn’t figure out the point of dyeing so fast, he looks over and says I don’t even have a chance when I catch them from behind, and went back to battlefield.
    I am really looking for some good feedback. Any Dev care to splain this to me? I am all ears.
  2. Ash87

What server?
  3. qiunn

connery
  4. MFP_TK_01

If you try VS you will find their weapons to be far more accurate than the other 2 groups. The main difference that I find between them and TR is ammo capacity.

As for the supposed only one side doing the spin around, that's lag and somethingIcan'tremember. There's a video on it. I've had NC do the exact same to me. We all have.

Edit: TTK and lag compensation, that's what I was thinking of.

And for the 4th factioning, I knew it was Connery before you even said it. How you seem to forget that it wasn't all that long ago where NC were top pop.

Also, your friend can't handle it.
  5. qiunn

whats the video?