[VS] Versatile LMG besides Pulsar LSW

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by AlexTurner, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Negator

1200 NS15 kills and 2500 kills on both the SVA88 and Orion is what influences my opinion, not purely the math behind it (NS15 has the lowest ROF of those 3).

Straight up fights with other HAs at med/close, the NS15 simply loses because it spits out damage slower
  2. sindz

Yes in theory. Welcome to the world of aim and headshots.
  3. AssaultPig

in 'straight up' fights where both players start at full health and are perfectly accurate, the difference in TTK from one LMG to another is measured in hundredths of a second. It isn't a very relevant way to look at weapons.
    • Up x 1
  4. Fortress

Which the other player will have more of, because he is firing faster with the same damage and the same COF (assuming we are comparing it with the Orion, which is the closest VS equivalent).
    • Up x 1
  5. sindz

What are you even talking about. You are doing another theory. You are assuming both players have equal aim and start shooting at teh exact same time. Guess how often this happens. Read the post above you.
  6. Fortress

Of course I'm assuming that, because that's the only way to compare weapons. I can solo most players with a beamer because of superior aim and positioning, but that doesn't make the beamer the best gun in the game.

I'd continue, but it's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.
  7. sindz

So your argument is that Orion has fast ROF and has the ability to get most headshots in shortest amount of time. Funny how Orion isnt dominating the game then. Or the best gun ingame is the fastet ROF.

You see this game is not only about 1vs1 CQC battles. So actually you cant compare weapons like that. And the actual TTK difference is hundredths of a second.
  8. Buphalo

The NS-15 on a VS HA makes up for any shortcomings based purely on the fact that it goes Dakka Dakka instead of Pew Pew. On a TR or NC player though there are better options, imho.
  9. Mekhazzio

Headshot bonus damage is a multiplier. Multiplication is distributive. It doesn't matter if you're doing 5 little hits or one big hit, you're going to get the same proportional damage increase either way.

If anything, headshots favor slower weapons, because recoil/bloom/etc make it difficult to keep a proportional amount of hits on a head target with a faster firing weapon. If you open a burst with a headshot but are then forced to settle for body shots due to random weapon handling, the weapon that frontloaded the most damage into that headshot winds up with a larger relative gain from it.
  10. Fortress

If you are so terrible that you can't pull down on your mouse, I agree.

But for those of us capable of this remarkable feat, higher RPM with the same damage is going to net a win every time.

Read this.

And then this

Notice how the NS-15m has a 14% average HS rate while the Orion has a 18% headshot rate, which means that the NS-15m has no advantage in collecting headshots and, when coupled with the low RPM, will collect significantly fewer of them.

EDIT: Let me be clear, the NS-15m is a fantastic gun because of the .75 ADS modifier, rapid reload and ease of use. The VS just have better alternatives.
  11. Donaldson Jones

If you look at most higher end KIll Number VS SVA-88 is the way to go. I feel this game has a bias in terms of fire rate and reload time making SVA-88 the best way to go VS HA wise.