VS, Time to celebrate the 7th month in a row in Ceres

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightmareP69, Jun 25, 2013.

1. NightmareP69

of beinng underpopulated. In 5 days Ceres will be at it's 7th month of horrible population balance, the server where Vanu are a myth.
    Join in the fun of being zerged to death every day and night,lose teretory constantly since we don't have enuf players to defend even two hexes.
    Thank you every single developer for NOT trying to fix Ceres for 7 months in a row, from the looks of it we'll hit 12 months(1 year) if this keeps up.
    Remember never do anything good for the VS, never release those new aweosme gun models and sound effect and never ever change our infantry models, you wouldn't want people ot acutlly play VS on this server now wouldn't you ? That would make the 40% Daily TR very sad.
    • Up x 3
  2. Bipolo

Agreed man. Would be nice to see Vanu pop in line with NC/TR to mix things up.

But creds to some of your Ace Pilots for good air-fun, always a rush fighting them ;)
  3. Chipay

Good thing VS has the 4th faction atm and is FOTM, or else they could've just deleted VS on Ceres :p
  4. TerryTenMen

Funny that, I didnt notice VS being underpopulated on Ceres when ZOE was rampant. Also TR & VS were pretty even on there for a while.

As higby said, VS only use anything that is gamebreakingly OP.
  5. KAHR-Alpha

Five months at most, not seven. Until the end of january VS had a significant population advantage and warpgated TR on Esamir nearly 24/7. It dropped after the great magrider nerf and the first warpgate rotation.
  6. TerryTenMen

Yea so you mean it dropped when they got balanced in line with other factions and had to actually rely on skill.. funny that
  7. Chipay

Yeah, and all the people that left the OP VS became TR and NC, in other words TR&NC don't use skill and the VS who stayed do:)
    (yes i can turn your reasoning against you)
  8. haldolium

Sometimes we're on pair with either TR or NC, though that usually lasts an hour at max. Primetime is almost unplayable except for Warpgate Poker which is still a missing feature.

I have to say though, Ceres VS is MASTER in being underpopulated and then spreading out through all 3 continents instead of just being at one and pulling together, at least during alert times.
  9. KAHR-Alpha

Except that it doesn't seem to be what actually happened. I had a lengthy discussion with some other guy on PS2's IRC channel about such faction switching, and after having a good look at the population curves from Cupboy it appeared that there was no such thing. Instead, all factions were losing players, but VS players left at a much higher rate than the others, leading to the next population imbalance
  10. Backf1re

In my experience the VS never stick around when the fighting get's tough, or even when they begin to lose a foothold. They magically vanish to another continent or retreat to another fight. You have some good outfits, and exceptional players but that is where it ends unfortunately. The only good fights I've had recently have all been on Esamir and at Jaeger's crossing.

VS on Ceres are better than TR by a long shot, but with the lack of population is really hurts them. TR are a whole different story, and one I can only begin with "zerg..."
    • Up x 2
  11. gigastar

I think our all time high for today was 29% world population.
  12. Kurmon

I don't really know what is happening on Ceres.
    A few months ago TR was overpopulating it and VS never stood a chance in an Alert.
    Now NC is starting to get more and more population and VS finally manages to win Alerts. And we win many.
    It's not ZOE because I don't see anyone using it anymore.
  13. FaxManiac

What do you know ? That's exactly what us VS say about NC. And that doesn't make it true...

Even when ZOE was all everyone was talking about, VS was underpop. Once, just once in the past 2 months or so, we had 30% world pop, then it was back to the current 26-29%.
  14. Tech-priest

Time to make Ceres recommended EU server again or merge with Woodman to even out the factions. Ceres isn't that populated and I'm not sure about Woodmans overall population. More merges should happen unless they only want the big fights they advertised on one continent at a time.
  15. Kevorkian

They really need to merge the 4 EU servers, and merge according to faction balance.
  16. Novacry

As one of the Outfit leaders of WDUH on the TR side of Ceres, I can fully agree that the VS are really underpopulated on Ceres.

I am in contact with a lot of Outfits. Every big Outfit leader and some Officers on the TR side, a lot of leaders and Officers on the NC side. But on the VS side I actually only have contact with the UVG leader.
    I may know some others but it isn't much, really. I remember XMAN to be the dominating Outfit on the VS, now I rarely see any of them. ATM I think DORA is doing the greatest job there.

Also what I have experienced in the last weeks: There are no queues for continents anymore, which just proofs the fact that Planetside 2 is loosing people.

I would really like to see some Toaster-Loving Outfits for a good fight on Auraxis, I am tired of pwning Smurfs ;)
  17. Exoz

Cheers for acknowledging us =), we try our best. But we in DORA don't mind the lower population, we love to have more things to kill and push it to the limit as much as we can, we only fight outnumbered areas 90% of the time, and the passive xp bonus from continent lower population is also yummy. This is just a taste preference. However, there really is no meta in planetside2 atm, and whoever thinks so well... keep on playing the TDM thinking you're actually doing something. There are no continent locks no capturable warpgates, continents get conqured/lost much easier now, it's a faceroll TDM heading towards only massive zerg battles to please the casuals that just want to see that but not think behind it. Tragically this only means that the best players end up leaving PS2 because they cba to put up with this kind of direction.

There won't be a fix for the populations anytime soon, first transfer tokens will come out. The only hope with that is, they can lock transfers for certain factions on servers where that faction has a higher population and only have it be enabled for the lower populated faction so they can get more players in time. Another more drastic measure would be to not let people create chars on a faction that's overpopulated unless they maybe have a subscription? But ppl will qq about it and it won't go through.

My best advice to everyone facing this issue is to just deal with it and find a way to enjoy the game, preferably with a good outfit that knows what they're doing even when they're vastly outnumbered (like us ;P). If you're organized, If you have good players with you, that have a decently high battlerank that have unlocked the essential tools of holding off pushes and listen to orders, you can kill up to 3 times the number of people you have. Try it, it's fun, look at it as a challenge and not as an impediment. Things will get better with time, there was a time when VS population was much worse. But not all servers have it, look at mattherson having 45% or more VS and I think its the same on Watterson now. Let them have the superior numbers, it feels better to win outnumbered, and we CAN and HAVE done it many times before =)