VS: The Forgotten Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ruvan, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Prudentia

Pounders are actually just straight upgrades of the Lasher. trading a bit of consistency with a stupidly high Accuracy buff.
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

If you think Vanu are overdoing it with how crappy our pistols are then you obviously haven't played Vanu long enough. He is 100% right most BR30+ Vanu use NS pistols more than any other faction.The Lasher only does ONE thing right. Give me assists not kills. Compared to the MCG and Jackhammer that are killing machines. Prowlers are better than Magriders in almost every single way shape and form. You have less drop than a Magrider, You do more damage than a magrider, You are faster than a Magrider, Your ability is better than a Magriders. What does the Magrider have? LOL STRAFEZZZ OP ZOOOMMMMMGGGG. If you can't hit a 15kph strafing object with a 400m/s AP shell than thats a personal problem.
    • Up x 2
  3. Arsonix

I was actually never aware MAX anti-infantry weapons had the accuracy necessary to justify giving them power at range considering they all have the CoF of a hip fired pistol and recoil just enough to make firing a secondary, even a commet, accurately a near impossible task.
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

They always over do it with the accuracy. The difference in range is so small that its about .5m from tests.
  5. Munr

This?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  6. novicez

but what about scythes? Scythes are OP! :rolleyes:

"Scythes aren't blatantly overpowered, they are just OP." -some random NC pilot. ...... eh what?

Well, if the main cannons on magriders didn't have horrible velocity and bullet drop, then I think VS people will welcome PPA nerfs, but as of now, the strengths of the VS secondaries makeup for the shortcomings of the main cannon.
  7. Arsonix

To be fair everything is overpowered compared to the Reaver. SOE must have blanked when they started copying the Apache helicopter.
  8. -Synapse-

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're forgotten, but they do need a little more love is some areas. The Lasher is kinda 'meh' compared to the other ES heavy weapons, and the pistol selection is rubbish. I don't necessarily really agree with the OP's entire list of grievances, but I can see where he is coming from.
  9. novicez

I think they can use reavers could get a fat trim on its body frame, provided vortek rotaries get trimmed down too.
  10. NC supporter

Too much whine, abort thread.
  11. Jachim

Look, if you can't type just stop trying, okay? Your posts are headache inducing both in grammar and shape.

Not to mention you have no clue how bad Prowlers really are comparatively to even Lightnings right now. Turret stabilization and speed is irrelevant to Prowlers because we have to anchor down at max range to be useful at all anyway, and at that range the Magrider can strafe our gunfire regardless of how good we try to guess which way they'll be going when the round ends up near them.

They're very strong, and yes very unique and yes, their drop is very high but you can't have everything. The Prowler sure as hell doesn't. The Vanguard needs a small nerf though.
  12. Pacster

LOL...the thing is: You do not need to anchor to kill a magrider in a 1on1(drive there and kill it...it has no chance against a prowler). If you anchor at the other end of the map and then give the magrider 10 trys to deal with its huge bullet drop(ooops, you forgot about that, right?)...that's YOUR fault. On top of that your main cannon is great at killing infantry...and it can actually take down aircrafts...all that is pretty hard with a magrider.
  13. Shadoiex

"Underpop"
    ...pfpfpfppffftttttt

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Son, come pay Emerald a visit.

EVERYONE is scared to piss off the Vanu.
  14. Goden

You mean the one server which is actually struggling with player overpopulation due to merges?

Not the greatest example.
    • Up x 3
  15. Jachim

Why would a Prowler even TRY to chase down a Magrider? During its slow bounce over the uneven terrain, while turret stabilization tries its best, it's not going to hit the Mag at all, while the Mag will have all of those 10 tries (and a decent mag pilot knows how to compensate for drop) while strafing backwards keeping well out of range and in cover the entire time.

The only time it could even remotely possibly go in the Prowlers favor is if the mag is camping a spawn or something and we pull a prowler from the nearby vehicle terminal. Then it has to somehow manage to kill the Mag before it just magburns away...

We have no defenses at all. All we get is a slight increase in potential DPS.
  16. DevDevBooday

Wait, theres a 3rd faction?

Mind BLOWN.
  17. Huxer

I am VS and I will be schooling the other 2 factions daily on the usefulness of VS infantry weapons. I do agree that no bullet drop doesn't make a difference inside 175 meters which makes the trait somewhat lackluster but we have plenty of good infantry weapons.

The serpent is better than the lynx IMO but not better than the GD-7F which IMO is the best CQC carbine. The Orion is well known as the best CQC LMG, sure it gets outshined by the Gauss saw at range but as we all know most infantry fights occur within 20 meters. The VS medic guns are nothing to write home about but they are competitive.

You can make arguments about the main weapon or defenses of the magrider or the special abilities of the MAX units but there are always going to be inequalities. It's not just rhetoric they talk about when they talk about our spandex, it really does help. There areno gear rifts so large in this game as to make any of the factions underpowered in any general kind of way.
    • Up x 1
  18. MajiinBuu

I have never been weapons locked, at least not on purpose. I don't get how people can't use the lasher, do they just keep holding down the LMB when someone walks in front of them? :confused:
    • Up x 1
  19. Arsonix

Prowlers are the fastest MBTs. I don't know how magriders are getting away from you, and anchor mode is indispensable for things like ambushing. It may not be the ultimate mid-duel ability like the shield or the go really really fast in one direction for a few seconds button like on the magburner but it is extremely useful when used creatively. It also makes it the most powerful tank for dealing with base turrets, deployed sundies, generally anything stationary and (in the right hands) everything else too. Anchored mode gives a huge advantage over the magrider since you can actually have a chance at fighting off prowlers.

Be thankful the armor upgrades on your tank actually make sense too, unlike the magrider that has front, top, and side armor areas all visible from the front making it pointless to upgrade just one knowing that you're going to be strafing someone with all 3 different armor areas exposed. You will change your tune about the advantages of strafing when you see trying to dodge just leads to taking side armor damage despite having your gun tracking the person shooting you the entire time.

All the mag has going for it is the PPA and Saron. If the mag couldn't arch shots over hills while the gunner goes to town then nobody would use it. 1occupant to 1occupant the magrider loses to both MBTs every time. 2/1 it has a chance. 2/2 against a competent crew you might as well just try to get as close as you can and bail so you can try to stick C4 to them otherwise you're dead.
  20. LIKE A BOSS!

You must be bad if you resort to grammar in your post because you have nothing better to say. You are literally the only one on this forum if you think a prowler is in a bad place compared to a lightning. A 1/2 prowler does almost twice the dps of a lightning. That probably exlplains why I see more 1/2 prowlers than lightnings when battling TR. While in comparison a 1/2 lightning does more than a 1/2 Magrider. Now tell me which one is in a worse place.
    • Up x 1