VS: The Forgotten Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ruvan, Jul 1, 2014.

1. WyrdHarper

Emerald is the biggest server in the WORLD. You can't just throw it away as an exception when we have almost a 1000 more active players than the next biggest server. Even on Connery the VS population looks pretty decent. Between those two servers you have probably 1/3 of the SOE PS2 population. That's not some insignificant portion of the population.
  2. NC supporter

Which means that the VS is the minority and SOE has no need to please the minority. Someone will always get the short end of the stick no matter what.
  3. WyrdHarper

Yeah, that would be true of the VS population was 0% on every other server. It isn't. If you look at global population charts, all three factions are roughly equal, not varying by more than 3% overall, with VS, NC, and TR all having population peaks.
    http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=0&zoom=3

NC tends to be a tad higher than the other two, but it's been that way for most of the game's history. Even at the highest population peak, there's a difference between the factions of less than two platoons scattered over all servers.
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

People justify having useless pistols,the worst MBT, Useless ZOE, the crappy lasher, and crap carbines all around ZOMG THE ORION AND PPA ZERRRMMMMOGGGGGG!!!! Do you know how idiotic you sound? To TR the Orion and the MSW-R are EXATCLY the same. The ONLY differences they have is that the Orion has a worse attatchment selection and the Orion has a .75x Movement speed. BUT OMG .75x IS OPPPPPPPPP. Umm did you know the Bandit has .75 speed?(so does the zenith carbine BUT the zenith is crap compared to the bandit) The Carnage AR and the GR-22 have .75 movement speed too? Same with the TAR? But its Only OP when the Vanu have it right? The Orion is the most overrated gun in the entire game. Now with the PPA. We ALL know the PPA is pretty darn good. Its just that it's factions equivalents are crap. I agree the Marauder and the Canister need buffs. Now to the lasher. It's the crappiest heavy weapon not one NC or TR player can deny this fact. Why do TR and NC complain when the PPA is good but when we ask for the lasher to be buffed to jackhammer levels of decency it turns its hell o_O. TR and NC players are hypocrites.
    /rant
    • Up x 2
  5. NC supporter

Finally someone who understands business and companies.
  6. NC supporter

Please fix your grammar and spelling.
  7. LIKE A BOSS!

You must be new here. My rants are always like that.
  8. NC supporter

9. LIKE A BOSS!

You're the only one complaining about somebodies rant. You want to be a grammar **** the Youtube comments are -----> that way.
  10. NC supporter

I don't see youtube to the right of my screen.
  11. Alarox

You do realize that you have a Gd-7F clone called the Serpent, and our best CQC medic weapon (GR-22) you also have a clone for (HV-45).

You MAX AI weapons are definitely better than the TR's. Your Lancers are the best AV weapon in the game right now since they're effective and accurate beyond render distance. Likewise with Vortexes. Your Comets are similar to Falcons with better CQC utility and no drop.

Although, what you've said about the Phaseshift, Cerberus, etc are all true. Magrider needs reworking to be stronger head-on as it is only competitive when it exploits all its advantages for flanking.
    • Up x 2
  12. LIKE A BOSS!

Than you're doing it wrong.
  13. LIKE A BOSS!

You forgot about the lasher vs jackhammer.
  14. Alarox

Etc. = et cetera = and so forth = the Lasher too.

Although, I still think the Lasher is the coolest weapon in the game and one that I wish I could use. If I could have Pounders on my MAX and the Lasher on my HA, I would be in heaven.
  15. Jachim

16. Ruvan

The Serpent is definitely NOT a clone of the GD7-F. They look similar on paper but if you try them you notice the Serpent has a lot more horizontal recoil and is much less controllable. That weapon needs buffs as it really doesn't outperform a much more controllable VX6-7 (which also has higher velocity, tighter hip fire CoF and lower reload).

Yes, the HV4-5 is a carbon copy of the other CQC Combat Medic weapons. It's a good weapons. However, my argument has never been that VS don't have a select few weapons that are competitive and perform well. My argument is that VS doesn't have nearly as many competitive weapons per category as NC or TR.

I was wrong about our MAX AI weapons. We do have a small CoF advantage to counterbalance the TR MAX's higher DPS and higher RoF. That seems fair to me.

Again, I agree the Lancer and the Vortex are reasonable weapons. BUT. They require a lot more teamwork to use effectively than TR/NC equivalents. They might be asymmetrically balanced but I personally think it's a bad idea to put different teamwork requirements on equivalent weapons across factions.

I don't agree about Falcons. I would take the one shot kills, higher velocity and higher burst DPS per reload (for corner peeking) any day over Comets.
  17. LIKE A BOSS!

I see the lasher as of the most useless weapons in the game. I would use a MCG or a Jackhammer over the lasher anyday. I could go pull a PPA on my harrasser and get the same job done with 50x more kills.
  18. Codex561

VS empire specific stuff needs to be reworked, lets stop there.
  19. Arsonix

Ontop of everything bad about the VS guns the most viable weapon choice during the night are NS weapons, because they don't have that terrible lite-brite feature that is included on every single weapon.

Our attachments like flash suppressors are almost a complete downgrade because you're hiding your flash but increasing the amount of glowing that your gun does, basically just trading 100 certs and more COF bloom for something made useless by gun design.

Foregrip attachments add more neon too. Why does it do that? There is nothing technological about a forgrip...

Add to that all VS guns are massive compared to their counterparts belonging to the other two factions. If you want to see anything you have to change your field of view.

Then there is the VS bolt action animation... need I say more?

I hear the lead art designer likes to play Vanu. I think can tell why. The Vanu have guns I can only describe as artistic diarrhea.
  20. Runegrace

Actually, VS does pretty well on Emerald. Mags and PPAs everywhere. I don't feel that VS is lacking, though I'm rarely one to argue against more faction flair.

Have you any idea how much friendly fire you get from using the MCG or the Lockdown MAX ability? You can be crouched/locked, firing full auto for a full 5 seconds, and still have allies run in front of you killing themselves instantly. You can only use these items for a brief while before running the risk of lock. I would love some global improvement to the grief algorithm that could better detect allies running INTO your line of fire. On the receiving end of the Lasher I find it quite good at holding down choke points in large battles, possibly even better than a Lockdown TR MAX. It can be a difficult weapon to overcome.

VS MAX units gain some range over the TR MAX's RoF bonus, and can put enemies down at some pretty respectable distances. I don't think the guns are lacking. ZOE is obviously in a bad spot, which happened because of Striker Syndrome. ZOE just made the MAX better, so there's no way to balance that. It needs to be reworked to enhance a certain playstyle, but leave it more vulnerable in other areas.

Lancer is good, Magrider could use a slight buff to the platform and de-tuning of the VS ES secondaries. Currently the secondaries are slightly OP, which props up the Mag's stats preventing it from properly being balanced. It also means that Mag drivers really can only choose between the two ES secondaries, as anything else leaves them at a disadvantage. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Mag running something other than the Saron or PPA, while Vanguards and Prowlers I still often see with Halberds, Basilisks, etc.