VS: The Forgotten Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ruvan, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Govedo13

Agreed on Lasher ( the worst gun ever) and Assault Rifles.
    Agreed on Pistols- instead additional redundant pistols fixing the VS ones is better call.
    Agreed on Max ability, disagree on Max guns.
    I also disagree on the Carbines, the Serpent is good also I guess it is carbon copy of the NC high RPM.
    Agreed about the long range carbines 200/500 model is just OP.
  2. firewolf

For some reason reply doesn't work for me but ill just do this instead.

(Sindz) "Lancer, Vortex, Lasher: All are bad when used alone, the argument that "LOL ITS OP IF YOU HAVE 20 OF THEM". Show me one weapon that isnt OP when 20 people are using it. Its the biggest piece of **** argument I've ever heard. Meanwhile both other factions can be used to great effect on your own." (First page of thread)

What about the old days of when the striker was op? The striker was a decent weapon to use alone. But the problem was you had squads getting together and using the thing to good effect. Now according to your argument that wasn't op even though it eventually got the striker nerfed to be worse then the annihilator.

And what about way back when the annihilator was a decent weapon. Once again you had squads using the thing to great effect and once again it was nerfed into uselessness.

Honestly Im just glad to VS havnt realized how stuipedly OP the lancer is when used in groups. You have 10 fully charged lancers being able to hit basically anything within 700 meters that thing would just melt armor columns.
  3. TriumphantJelly

:eek:
  4. Pirbi

On emerald, The NC and TR will play you the world's saddest song on the world's tiniest violin.
    • Up x 5
  5. CrimsonEpsilon

Please stop OP. You are embarrassing yourself. VS does not need a buff at all. If ANYTHING the TR do.

(Emerald NC)
    CrimsonEpsilon
    • Up x 1
  6. Canaris

Right click on reply and open in a new tab, hey presto it works ;)

This thread doesn't merit a response beyond that
  7. Jalek

Off hours, try Connery. 50+% VS pop and they seem plenty effective.
  8. Shagz

people just complain about anything on their server at the end of the day.
  9. Keldrath

Biggest problem with the Zenith is that, while it has the nice movespeed multiplier, it's moving cone of fire is so inaccurate that it's worthless. So it's like, yay you can move while ADS fast, but if you do, you wont hit anything because of the insane bloom, well shoot, whats the point then?
  10. TheBlindFreak

So you're essentially strawmanning arguments before they even pop up?
  11. Outreach

It's not strawmanning when that's what is said every thread.
  12. TheBlindFreak

Depends on what you're referring to. Posts that are like you describe that only complain about dying and "waahhh vs op!" don't need your help. They make themselves look bad as it is.

Which makes me assume that those posts aren't what you're talking about. No, your post seems to refer to really any post that disagrees with the ********** of likeminded VS players complaining that their gear sucks.

And yes, that would be strawmanning. It's painting any opposition as a bunch of childish whiners to ignore their position.

Feel free to correct me where my assumptions are wrong.
    • Up x 5
  13. ValorousBob

That's great, but Emerald is an exception.

All the people in this thread mentioning Emerald are ridiculous. Emerald VS are doing fine because they're more organized. There's a thread on the front page RIGHT NOW making this exact point. VS are underpopulated on almost every server, and OP is giving his explanation as to why.

And to restate OP, it's not that VS really need a buff, we just need more choices. A lot of our stuff is incredibly niche, which TR/NC don't have to deal with as much.
  14. Longasc

I play all Factions but favor the VS due to style and some weapons and while I agree to some of the OP's sentiments (the Magrider and its cannons are IMO crap) I cannot sign and support this blanket statement he VS is a forgotten faction and all weapons except 1-2 are crap. For instance, our MAX has, even after the ZOE nerf, the best weapon system variety available.

TL;DR?

Yes, the VS could use some buffs and some of our weapons are lacking, but we also have our strong points and "forgotten faction" is just an extreme exaggeration.
  15. TheBlindFreak

Underpopulation is no justification for a buff. And under powered gear does not directly correlate with population.

Population trends happen. The TR have seen it, the NC have seen it. For almost a year, the NC were underpopped across most servers. Things swing. The only thing SOE can really do is to dynamically increase the incentives for playing on the underpopped faction.
    • Up x 2
  16. Paragon Exile

At least my Terminus kicks *** <3

But yeah, most of our stuff is second rate NS/TR crap. #BuffVanu2014
  17. NC supporter

SOE doesn't care, if they did they would have fixed it earlier. Even if all you VS left, they still have 2/3rds of the factions happy and willing to pay money. They still have majority profit. Changing VS only might anger the other 2/3rds and then you have a problem. Your pleasing the minority.
  18. Paragon Exile

Keeping the factions balanced is in everyone's best interest, not just ours.
  19. NC supporter

I wouldn't say that, who doesn't want an easier time. We as a species love those shortcuts. Would you rather hand clean some clothes, or let a machine do the job for you. So no, people aren't that self righteous as you think.
  20. Tyrant103

I'd rather pick Lower RoF and DPS for Accuracy and more headshots for my Blueshifts.

TR maxes without pounders are no problem for me.