VS Solstice SF Suppressor - Not Correct/Working?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Niric, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Niric

Hello fellow Planetside 2 players,

After much debate I finally decided to unlock the Solstice SF Suppressor yesterday. Once I equipped it onto the gun I was confused by the effects of it. To me it sounds like it makes basically the same sound and at same volume. More so, it seems it fully removed all of the muzzle flash- at least from my perspective. Is this correct effect?

I don't have Suppressors unlocked for any other weapons in the game but to me it almost seems like they mixed up the effects of the Suppressor and Flash Suppressor for the gun (which is also an available option for a barrel attachment).

I don't have an easy to way to test the effect on the Mini Map. So I don't know if that part is working correctly. I'll have a friend of mine test the sound distance for me later today if possible.

Does anyone else have any of the Barrel Attachments for the Solstice SF and could offer some additional input on this?

Thanks in advance!

-Niric
  2. Niric

Maybe this sank to quickly - surely someone else out there has tried out the Suppressor on the Solstice SF?

I didn't have time to play much this evening but its really hard to tell if its working properly or not. I'll try to get a friend to help me test the volume level at distance for me tomorrow.

-Niric
  3. reeight

Find out anything please?
  4. Ayre

I got the suppressor on my VX6-7.

I can confirm that it doesn't change the sound at all. Instead, it gets rid of your bullet trails ENTIRELY while hiding you on radar. I might actually prefer this...
  5. altonyc

I haven't gotten any suppressors since release, but during beta, the sound difference for VS guns was very subtle because of the nature of the weapons; the NC and TR weapons aren't necessarily quieter, they just sound different (TR kind of like popcorn), and all three still have the same effect: no bullet trail, no red dot on minimap. The volume should still be the same (all gunshots are loud, suppressors just make it harder to tell the direction), and there isn't a lot of variance you can do with an already low-pitched laser sound. But the effects are certainly there.
  6. Mrasap

Haven't bought it since release. The radar system is horribly bugged with all those ghost points lighting up.

it was nice on occasion during beta when it didn't cost as much. There was a slight difference in sound from what I remember.