[Suggestion] VS should not be using ammo, yes, not AMMO boxes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akeita, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Akeita

I thought their gun is using some kind of alien energy to shoot plasma and lasers, or at least a mix between that and bullet, VS's engineer should be throwing some kind of Protoss's pylon to resupply their ammo rather than a plain normal ammo box.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

The ammo drop is actually filled with nanites. The nanites shlurp into your pocket in the form of the ammunition you need (batteries) when you shimmy up close to it.

Edit: don't ask me why TR and NC Engineers can't jam the drop into their magazine feeds and just keep firing with wild abandon. I guess the VS can use space tape ...
    • Up x 8
  3. Akeita

:eek: mother of...
    • Up x 2
  4. Dualice

+1'd for two funny-sounding verbs beginning with "sh".
    • Up x 1
  5. Morpholine

While I agree with the OP's sentiment, in the interest of minimizing assets to be loaded and whatnot (on the real-world, streamlining the program side of things) I'm fine with ammo packs being common.
  6. Pelojian

Soldiers pickup material blocks from the pack, put them in their magazines, attach them to their weapon, the nanites react to this and reform the material into bullets, plasma fuel starting at the top of the magazine and working their way down.

that or higgles-vanu-space magick
  7. Ownasaurusrex

I agree with OP, the ammo box should look like the durocell or energizer logos. You can even give VS buffs in the form of a spawnable energizer bunnies that hop around and give out batteries.
    • Up x 2
  8. Corezer

I was thinking this topic would be pushing for all vanu weapons to use the heat mechanic like the auraxium variants, and for the ammo box to do something else like maybe reduce the delay between when you stop firing and your gun starts cooling down...

I would love for some truly diverse factions.
    • Up x 2
  9. Foxirus

Hello friend, Do you find yourself bored with your faction not being diverse enough? Looking to bland or those three weapons you can't tell the difference of without breaking out the manual? Well then have I got a thing for you! *Hands you a Pamphlet*
    • Up x 1
  10. FocusLight

Honestly, I'm FAR more concerned with the idea that the Vanu like using plasma-based ordinance for all their warfare (excepting their use of NS gear obviously. Lazy scientists are lazy) but their standard-issue grenades and sticky grenades are still freaking frag grenades.

Where are the VS plasma grenades at? Same damage as frag/sticky, same function, same physics, but different animation and sound. It would be cheap to implement too, just add the Magrider Primary HE plasma cannon's splash-impact sound and graphics when the grenades explode, if you can't be bothered to make a unique one.
  11. Prudentia

VS tried it.
    the Purple glowing glue seems to interfere with thr nanites so the Battlegoose, Darkstar and eclipse still have small mags :(
  12. Demigan

Are bullets in a gun ammo? -Yes
    Are soft point bullets ammo? -Yes
    Are incendiary bullets ammo? -Yes
    Are rockets in a rocketpod ammo? -Yes
    Are delayed-fuse armor piercing tankshells ammo? -Yes
    Are high-explosive tankshells ammo? -Yes
    Are homing missiles ammo? -Yes
    Are heavy unguided Bunkerbuster bombs ammo? -Yes
    Are specialized plasma pellets that replace bullets ammo? -Yes
    • Up x 3
  13. KiakoLalene

In PS1, the VS weapons used batteries, which could go from armor penetration to anti-personal. Other factions had to carry both types of ammo.
  14. stalkish

Its all good tho because we have ammo packs now, normal FPS gamers would be dumbstruck and have no idea where to get ammo otherwise.
    Right higgles?
    [IMG]
  15. Zinus

Only if they wear spandex
  16. Arkenbrien

You're blowing my mind, fate!
  17. uhlan

I assume "shlurp" would be the VS method. The TR would be the "groan" of the oppressed masses, where NC would be "Ka-CHING" or the sound of a old fashioned cash register.
    • Up x 1
  18. Metalsheep

[IMG]