[VS] Sentinels

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by KiddParK, Aug 6, 2012.

1. InfestedAdam

Bumpity bump!
  2. KiddParK

Something Purple this way comes.... not saying when.. or where.. just it's most likely purple and large... take that as you may.
  3. KiddParK

to Celebrate the 10th year anniversary of the 'base names' post, here it is.. .wow.. 10 years... You may recognize some of them in the new game as well...

[IMG]
  4. Lueyja2

5. KiddParK

Thanks to all the VA and our friends on Derp, Purp Wraiths, and so many others I'm forgetting as I"m old and losing my mind for a great ops night... let's do it again real soon!

kp
  6. DaMann22

You forgot DAWN kidd.
  7. KiddParK

well i include Dawn in VA as they are a founding member... i also didn't say sentinels.. lol

but yah, Dawn, Xen, WNx and Sentinels = VA not so much a force to be reckoned with, but a force for fun and good natured play and respect and pizza.

especially pizza
  8. KiddParK

SENT is going through a massive restructure (ie officers and members let go / left) so we're in a fierce 'scaling back' phase to get back to the core we were in PS1. The summer has decimated our regular membership and that's actually a good thing as we've not been able to work as the tactical squad I really wanted from Planetside 1. More more more would seem to be great, but the greater the number, least for this commander, the harder it seems to be to get everyone to turn on the same dime.

The Dog and I are out running pub squads. See you in game.

kp
  9. Nyxpip

Small and mighty is always a better option to me =). Goodluck with those puppy squads, hope you get some good recruits SENTS!
  10. DaMann22

Well said Nyxpip. I would rather have a squad that works extremely well than a zerg anytime. Good luck with the restructuring, and keep those pubs in line. I use the back of my hand.
  11. KiddParK

12. DaMann22

Thanks for the update kidd on the VA. Well post into it soon.
  13. KiddParK

Great night on AMERISH !!?? of all places.. thanks for everyone who played.

let's do it again soon.

kp
  14. HereticForLife

Oi! I've had a P2 account for awhile now, but I've only recently gotten back into it now that I have the PC to handle it at more than 5 fps. As much as I've come to love zerg rushing enemy bases I'm looking for a more focused experience. And as far as I can tell from you guys' primer stuff, it looks like I'd get plenty of it here. I'll be busy in the next few days heading back to college, surviving orientation week, etc. but I'll definitely be sending in an app later once I know I'll have time to devote!
  15. KiddParK

sure, look us up when life gets back to normal (whatever that might be) and we'll be here trying to get something slightly tactical happening. Good to hear from ya.

kp
  16. KiddParK

Looking to get a standardized feel for the smoke the VA use in game... it's troublesome to come across an enemy sundy especially and not able to properly disseminate the information across the Vanu Alliance without using too much chatter...

I'm unsure if other outfits have specific uses for the limited smoke signals but here is SENT's current usage and maybe we can come upon a common method to especially point out hazards to other outfits in the VA and vanu in general...

[IMG]

Smoke if You Got Um

[IMG]

Smoke if you Got um: Smoke signals will be used by platoon and squad leaders to designate targets of interest. They will be set up on your arrival or departure at enemy bases.

So there ya go, Purple and Yellow I think are especally important if we're trying to get a unified fighting force moving and knowing where the targets are. Ideas are certainly welcome.

kp

17. KiddParK

We've got some people back in the game since our summer slowdown... we're all waiting on Hossin as we prefer it's Hot, beach like weather to the sand and snow (and endless hills) of the current cont's.

catch you in game.

kp
  18. KiddParK

and the sent's have moved into legend. Datadog, myself and a few of the others are still in game every night but for the most part.. we're like the Jedi from New Hope, just an ancient order lost to time.

if you run across one, it's just a ghost.
  19. mavix

20. KiddParK

[IMG]

Piranhas

So ya, here's something new. Because i pretty much use my wraith every day I'm looking for likewise individuals who enjoy being invisible most of the time and have their Flash's tricked out to the point of devastation. (ie: nanites, full mag on fury, low timer, little red bobber on back, etc) And want to roll around in a gang of fast movers.

maybe it won't work. However I seem to be the first one to the next point, and nearly always behind the enemy. I'm thinking a team of this type, with a bit of training a'la our old air-force (like a predetermined RTB (return to base) and wingmen, could be devastating.

Who's up for a different way to play the game for a bit with the old man? I'm only looking for a dozen or so who really want to try this way. Using the cloaker as a basis, we get to the target, and use facilities own EQUIP terms to get what we need (med, heavy, etc) and be the first one's out to the next point.

tired of waiting for the sundy? Where we're going you don't need sundys.

give me a buzz.

kp

seriously, here's the basics of what you'll need if you want to party with your invisible bike.

Full Wraith.. 40 seconds of cloak. one less is 35 and is good, but max is better.

Fury
    2x zoom (not therm.. you need distance)
    max grenade mag (9 is max.. anything over 6 is good)
    max amount of ammo (71 and 9 in the chamber)

Cooldown timer bought down to 3 min or less (mine's at 30 seconds)

Nearly full nanites.

Pick a chassy and roll with it... scrapper is prob the best but your playstyle.

and a little red bobber on the back to denote the team as almost no one has them it's the calling card.

If you do not have any of that and would like to play with us. I can get you several wraith's per hour and you can use my maxed out one to see if you like the way we play. No charge.

KP's used Wraith Emporium.. going so fast, it's like they're invisible...

kp