(VS) Pulsar C, compensator worth it?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Paperlamp, May 7, 2013.

1. Paperlamp

While it's not a hip fire weapon, I like keeping some versatility. I use it as more of a mid range weapon, but vertical recoil doesn't seem that extreme or unmanageable. Wondering if it's worth the hit to hip fire(and how much of a hit) to specialize it further(and just how much better does it make mid-range performance) or not. I try to avoid CQC but of course sometimes it just happens and I don't want it to be entirely hopeless.
  2. Strykar

Yes, it's definitely worth it. I use Pulsar C for open area fights on my LA and I have it equipped with the comp, foregrip, HVA and 2x reflex. It's a monster. It hits hard and it's extremely accurate, and if you have the comp/foregrip combo it's very easy to control. I would definitely recommend it. As for CQC, I do find myself underperforming with a Pulsar as compared to a Serpent or Eridani, but it can be done and I wouldn't call it 'hopeless'.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hypest

Yes.

I use my T5-AMC with Comp, AdvFGrip, and 3,4x Optic. I didn't buy the HVA, because the T5 has a low alpha and to maintain a good DPS i need longer bursts.

If you need versatility i would use the VX6-7 or the default gun.
  4. Ghosty11

If you don't intend to use the HV ammo, don't bother with the compensator, as the weapon's recoil really isn't all that bad.

After getting the Auraxian medal with the Solstice and the VX6-7, I'm using the Pulsar C as the all around weapon for my Engineer, and I've won a number of CQC battles with using hip fire, it's really not too bad default w/o the laser sight. Now if you are expecting to do more ranged fighting, equip the HVA, compensator, and the 2x scope. I find the gun very easy to shoot in short to medium range fights with 1x reflex and grip, ADS aim for the upper torso/neck area and score some easy kills.
  5. Mythicrose12

There are a lot places I liked to use a Pulsar C with the 3.4 holo scope. I used HV ammo and compensator on it. Suppressor came in handy at times if I felt like finding an obsure point to snipe/camp from. Great gun. One of the few I enjoyed getting to the auraxium medal body count.
  6. Paperlamp

Hmmm, the TTK seems significantly higher than the AF-19 Mercenary even though it's only a 33 RoF difference. It shines when you have an open enough area but I get a ton of assists because it takes too much time to down a target and they escape to cover, and I also burn through its ammo quite quickly.

I'm on the fence about it vs. the Solstice. I have the Serpent too but not a fan of the left recoil patten I found out very quickly, and the velocity is simply awful.
  7. Mythicrose12

I found HV ammo, 3.4 holo scope, comp, and grip a fantastic set up for the Pulsar C. How are you burning through your ammo quickly? Are you trying to full auto targets? Bursts of 4 worked best for me. Depending on distance (of course) I'd place my frist shot between their neck and chest. The gun's recoil would often place at least one or two shots in to their head. Second burst would bring them down if they didn't find cover (or I just flat out sucked at aiming to begin with).
    • Up x 1
  8. Paperlamp

I burst but just being capable of taking out targets at longer range probably leads me to waste more bullets. It allows me to harass people pretty well from roof/trees and so on but much of the time due to the low TTK I'm shooting at a target that's moving around trying to find cover I guess. With Solstice or Serpent it's usually a shorter affair, but I suppose it's probably due to me feeling more comfortable going for longer range targets with the Pulsar C. I guess maybe the playstyle feels more like using an LMG so I get careless with my ammo, and I often survive longer than when using closer range variants do to being able to camp out in harder to find/reach spots which is a plus I guess.

I also don't use 3.4, just use HS/NV or reflex depending. Perhaps I should give 3.4 a shot but I found them harder to control recoil with last time I used one.
  9. Vastly

Don't really see the point of HV ammo unless the multiplier is different between weapons. It's a 7% increase on the Battle Rifles. With the Pulsar C, it would mean your round reaches it's destination 13ms faster at 100m (551m/s = 181ms to travel 100m vs 515m/s = 194ms to travel 100m). IIRC, infantry sprints at about 5m/s, so in 13ms, they've travelled 6.5cm :confused:.