[BUG] VS proxy mines will render UNDER the floor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Jan 18, 2013.

1. {joer

After having so many people on my TR main say they have never seen a VS proxy mine, just boom, I noticed something about them.

They usually render UNDER the floor, you can't see them. You can check this out in the biolab. Put them in the SCU room, they will be visible UNDER the grate mesh. In other places they are completely covered by the floor.

So while you have one side with the worst, easy to see, directional (useless) proxies, in the claymore.
    You have another with invisible ones.

This is the kinda bug that should have never made it out of beta and been reported a long time ago.
  2. Marked4Death

Hate to burst your faction specific bubble but all mines do this, even claymores.
  3. {joer

4. VargTwo

Same thing on TR/NC as well.
    There is a certain bridge in Amerish you can put mines on and they render under the bridge making them invisible to any poor driver who happens to roll over them.

Much to the joy of the person who planted the mines however.
  5. Vultraz

1. Get outfit to place mines next to terminals and on roads nearby bases
    2. Let enemy faction cap the area
    3. Watch as mine kills start appearing on the killfeed
  6. Jac70

It's those stoopidly OP VS. The devs are all VS that's why they have the best weapons, tanks, ESFs, suits, girls and mines that are invisible. The secret of our technology is that it runs on enemy tears.

......or, This happens to all proximity mines and possibly tank mines also. It seems that when you place a mine, if you leave the hex and return later, the explosive icon is still there but there is no mine to be seen. I have never seen a TR mine, I have seen an NC mine. For enemy mines I believe it's down to whether the miner has left the hex or if you we're in the hex when he place them - dunno.