VS: Orion, Pulsar LSW and SV-88

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Nosins, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Nosins

By taking a look at these three weapons there were 3 things that caught my eye. First of all, the Orion and SV-88 seem to be exactly the same (RoF,Damage,etc) except for the ammo capacity when you compare them while in the class select. But If you take the time to look at the stats that they have in the Store, the Orion seems to have a higher RoF. Is this a bug with the stats or is it just not as precise in the class select. The second thing is that the Pulsar LSW just seems to be a flat out upgrade to the SV-88. And last but not least. All LMGs of the VS seem to be just slower firing versions of the orion with more ammo.(all but the Flare). Is this true or are the stats in the store just messed up ?

Thanks for your answer
  2. Lukor

The stats are definitely messed up - either the class select screen or the store has to be wrong.
    According to the spreadsheet that is floating around on reddit the SV-88 and Orion should have the same ROF yes,but they changed some weapons between last friday and launch. So right now i guess nobody really knows which stats are right.
  3. Kanjichip

I like Pulsar LSW the most, it has a 75 bullet clip, bit less recoil [not sure maybe I just got used to it], and a 2x reflex. [Best close-mid sight, I do feel an improvement compared to 1x], and soft point ammo [since you're gonna run with LMGs at medium range usually, might aswell just use it]
    The only bad thing about it compared to Orion is the reload speed, but it's a tradeoff with a bigger clip.

I haven't tried SV-88's 3x Burst cuz it was bugged during beta, so I dunno how much that matters yet. But It didn't have soft point ammo [hit more on close range, with more limited hitting range] by the end of the beta so I probably won't use that.

Note: I'm still on queue.. this comment is based on stats b4 launch.
  4. Nosins

Well for the start i now at least know where they moved the 2x reflex to, was missing it. Would be happy if some1 had further information on this Topic. Additionaly a small questions to the scopes. There seem to be multiple 3.4 scopes. My question is are they all ACOG like Scopes ?
  5. MartianDiscoFish

Yes the Orion is the fastest firing, Pulsar LSW is the most accurate, Flare is the hardest hitting, Polaris is the best at range.
    SVA-88 is the worse LMG in my opinion, much worse than the Pulsar.
  6. Vanuub

Just to clear something up.

SV88 is full auto / singlefire. Was in beta and still is.
    The text about 3shot burst mode on it is wrong.

Unless you already got the SV88 (from alphasquad) i would not spend the certs/SC on it. The extra magsize is nice, but they are both full auto at very very nearly the same rate at identical damage, but otherwise almost identical, since you dont have the burts mode on the SV88.

Go for Flare or Pulsar. In beta I ended up spending a lot of time with the flare, the ROF of orion/SV88 just didnt suit my trigger habits, leading to a lot of 'got any spare batteries?' situations.
  7. Blitzkrieg

I loved the Pulsar LSW, but it lost its soft point ammo. How does the LSW stack up to the Flare?
  8. WhiteTiger

I've been using the Pulsar on the Beta and I pretty much kicked ***, included the Reflex Sight, and the double clip ( 150 ammo per clip ).

Now with the game released I bought the Orion, and I must say its extremely powerfull. There have only been a few players who managed to take me down on a 1v1 so far. Close range its power is sick, medium is pretty decent aswell ( amazingly yes ), long range not that great.

If I'd have to pick between those, I would advice the Orion, for sure.
  9. Lukor

You _bought_ the Orion? Its the default lmg...
  10. Shahnaz

Right now the Orion does an amazing job, I wouldn't be able to find a reason to buy anything else for now, since everything else cost a fortune.

No soft ammo though (How can a plasma shot be soft anyway)
  11. Erendil

Um, when I checked last night both the Orion and LSW had soft ammo available. It's the first cert in the list for each wpn. o_O

The Orion has the fastest RoF (yes it's faster than the SVA88, it's apparent if you fire them one after the other at a term and watch the ammo count), the fastest reload, and the fastest footspeed during aimed fire of any VS LMG (footspeed is noticeable during strafing, they explicitly increased it for just the Orion a few patches back).
  12. NoDachi

LSW doesn't have soft ammo anymore.
  13. Erendil

Crap I musta been mistaken. Neither the Orion nor LSW have soft ammo. Sonofa*****. The LSW at least had it thru all of Beta. Sigh
  14. NoDachi

I would have been wonderfully OP if it kept it :D

shame really
  15. Erendil

Yeah, LSW + 6x scope + compensator + Foregrip + soft ammo was my weapon of choice for outdoor battles. Who needs sniper rifles? ;)

Too bad they took the 6x scope away from it too tho.

Curoius, why do you think the Polaris is best at range? I admit I have no experience w/ it so any insight you have on its performance is much appreciated. :cool:
  16. NoDachi

And the softammo and the compensator.
  17. Sancus

LSW doesn't seem to be all that great now that they've taken literally every good attachment away from it.

So lets make the following assumptions...
    1) The spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApH3DlM1yfRAdGw3Um40S2tWSVRpM0Y5ME5JSjk1Nmc&gid=0 is still mostly correct other than the SVA-88 ROF nerf.

E: Apparently Soft Point Ammo sucks according to Thorbinator's post on reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/13a0jc/the_definitive_damage_time_to_kill_and_overall/

So that means that the Orion is the best close range weapon, the SVA-88 is the best long range weapon, and everything else is a slight downgrade with alterations in weapon style.
  18. Negator

FYI soft point didnt work in beta
  19. Zapon

..if this still holds true, then this needs to be seen.

but attachment wise, does that give the SVA 88 that much of an advantage over the LSW?
  20. Ashlander

Ursa with a 6x scope :p Try it in VR training at least, its got a range where it can work fairly decently!