VS: NOVA or THANATOS with Slugs.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Roarboar

It seemed were fighting against physically impaired people. They werent even shooting back, why did you even bother putting that in a video?
  2. ZiiX

It adds just 4 so your total clip on the thanatos is 10 bullets with an insanely fast semi-auto that owns.
  3. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I have to admit I'm a bit confused.
    Now who is right?
  4. IntergalacticYoghurt

So Winky and Meiu are reporting different outcomes regarding the synergy between both ammo certs?

:eek:
  5. Ghoest

Im guessing the guy who says it actually has the cert is right.
  6. Meiu

After number crunching we are both wrong, the ammo you get from the ammo belt will actually shift with your extended magazine upgrade giving you additional magazines equal to your total magazine size. So if you have extended magazine you will get an additional 10 rounds from rank1, 20 rounds from rank 2, so on and so forth. While you only get 6 additional per ammo belt from not having extended magazine equipped.

6/30 no extended magazine/no ammo belt
    6/36 no extended magazine/rank1 ammo belt
    6/42 no extended magazine/rank2 ammo belt
    6/48 no extended magazine/rank3 ammo belt
    6/54 no extended magazine/rank4 ammo belt

10/26 extended magazine/no ammo belt
    10/36 extended magazine/rank1 ammo belt
    10/46 extended magazine/rank2 ammo belt
    10/56 extended magazine/rank3 ammo belt
    10/66 extended magazine/rank4 ammo belt

You will manage a 26% ammo increase with rank 4 ammo belt and extended magazine over just using ammo belt and some other attachment.

I had to make a new character to buy some of the certs to test the other ranks since I already had max rank on my main :/ sorry for the delay.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Wait, so you actually have 36 rounds?
    I play mainly heavy, and I got 6/24...
    When I use the extended magazine, I have 10/20 ammo (and only two levels of ammo belt cert).
    And according to the stats table, that's correct.
    Many Thanks for the effort though, I couldn't expect that much.
    If the ammo belt is that effective, I might actually play Light more; I always ran out of ammo.^^
  8. IntergalacticYoghurt

Incredible information. Thanks Meiu. Armed with that information, I'd say that all the shotguns are equally viable if you're willing to spend the certs. With perhaps the Nova being best as a cheap option.

I guess it really boils down to whether it's more important to have tighter ADS or hipfire accuracy.
    The obvious choice is ADS due to slugs being designed for long range shooting. However, I find I end up having to hipfire up close far more often than I plan.. And honestly, I find hipfiring slugs up close to be far more effective with my Thanatos than people make out.
  9. Prince Planet

Going by the google doc, it seems both shotguns are pretty equal. For me the Thanatos takes the win. I die more often with ammo still in my guns than looking for ammo. Also I crouch a lot when clearing buildings.

Nova - 8 ammo loaded, 40 total
    Thantos - 6 ammo loaded, 30 total
    :
    Nova wins out.

Reload Time
    Thanatos has a .5 second faster reload than the Nova.
    :
    Thanatos get the tick of approval.

COF Stand ADS Still/Move/Jump
    Nova 0.1/0.9/2
    Thanatos 0.1/0.9/5
    :
    Nova wins out. But only if you're jumping

COF Crouch ADS Still/Move
    Nova 0.1/0.9
    Thanatos 0.1/0.35
    :
    Thanatos win out if you crouch and fire.

Projectile Velocity
    Nova 255
    Thanatos 275
    :
    Thanatos wins out.