VS+NC Double Team v. TR.... a solution !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mekk_TR, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Killer Medic

Wrong. Been in plenty of two faction games and it just becomes one strong faction face rolling the other. Then game dies...with exception to BnS, which was one sides. Not sure if it's changed lately or not.
  2. Kdog559

LOL exposing? What are you the media?It's a game. Not supposed to be one way or the other.People will play however they hell they want to.If you been on connery the last couple days you would see TR just massively taking both NC and VS as of late.
  3. Blam320

I know; I was just on the receiving end of the TR war machine the other day. Then again, the only NC zerg on was also directed at VS.

And by exposing we mean Soulfact is a massive dick, and TWC are literally teamkill central for the VS. They do it all the time, whether by accident or deliberately because you stole their kill or Sunderer spot. Basically, with my outfit it's become the norm to automatically assume that if someone teamkills you, it's a Wildcard.
  4. DemonicTreerat

I wish it was whoever was in the lead got double teamed all the time. Since Critical Mass Emerald has become the sort of cesspit of organized cheating/ exploiting by large outfits that made me leave Connery.

NC trigger an alert, TR and VS dogpile everything onto us. Okay how it probably should be. Yet VS or TR trigger an alert, and the other one keeps focusing on the NC. And its not focusing as in keeping a relatively even split between 2 fronts. As in have 2 to 4 full platoons (roughly 80 to 90% of their population) zerging 2 or 3 squads of NC playing defense on their front and maybe 2 squads farming a base held by the guys who started the alert.

Almost as if certain zergfits and "elite" outfits with reputations for blatant cheats have agreements to trade wins...
  5. TR5L4Y3R

The original planetside indeed had 4 factions .. the fourth being a blackops unit with access to the other factions specific weapons ..
    also the 3 way war as well as large scale battles are what define planetside ..
  6. Drsexxytime

If there's politics, there's politics. Maybe it's the VS and NC have the most cheaters, thus they don't want to face harder kills. 2 on 1 is how it should be during an alert, despite the poor reward if you manage to win. Who knows, but every faction in this game claims their ganged up on all the time, so there's that.

Robbing certs/xp is ridiculous at best. You should incentive players to attack the leaders positively, like +25-50% XP/Cert gain when attacking the leader.

They also direly need to put a stop to 4th factioners. I can't believe after all these years they never did an impactful thing to stop this. Yet everyone can see it. You have an alert warning, telling the players if you choose to play another faction you must switch now, and then they're locked on that server to that faction until the alert is over. They have time to change, and, stops the mid-alert pop imbalance changes.
  7. PlanetBound

Wildcard. Blueberry. Random. The non-aligned player plays no different than anyone else.
  8. Blam320

Yesterday the TR and NC thought they could get away with a straight-up alliance. Literally, they were joint-building a base deep inside Vanu territory and somehow not shooting each other.
  9. Bloodlock

NC and VS prefer to fight against TR on Emerald, instead of doing the alerts, because TR insists in messing NC x VS fights with their annoying mosquitoes... so... TR must be spanked to submission on emerald everyday... :p
  10. adamts01

Absolutely. The game plays like **** when it's 2v1 outside of alerts and alerts will never be balanced until they're always 2v1. Daybreak needs to incentivise players to fight balanced fights outside of alerts and double team during.

The single solution I see (I stole this idea from someone) is a loyalty bonus. Drop alert wins to 150 ISO and 75 for a loss. Give 2x reawards to all players who were on an hour before the alert, and 3x rewards to players who were on that faction for 2 hours prior. This would crush faction swapping for ISO, which is the key to character progression at this point.
  11. Kdog559

Everyone teams kills. Just because the biggest outfit on the server are mainly TWC chances are you probably will get TK on accident or on purpose who knows. If TWC was the lowest pop outfit on the server then you would be complaining about another outfit instead. Cant control others bad aim.
  12. Lizare

Mekk_TR, that's the alert stats of your server for the last 10 days (http://ps2.fisu.pw/alert/):
    TR 12 wins
    NC 13 wins
    VS 43 wins

You probably have a really good VS outfit against you, so most of the good NC/TR players left the faction/server/game. I left the game (other faction and server) 1 year ago for 10 months for this reason, the feeling to lose every battle is borring.

Anyway, as LordKrelas said, your solution is worst that the problem. In the paper there's no way to win an alert in a fair fight = 66% against 33%... good luck!

+1

Also the underpop bonus need a huge buff, what does a +50% xp change when you are under 20% of the whole pop?

One of the biggest problem with the alert is that there's no reason to fight when you will not win.

TR start the alert:
    TR victory:
    TR: 300iso + reward
    Others: 50iso
    TR defeat:
    Winner: 100iso
    Others: 50iso

So, the reward to fight the faction who start the alert is low and ... well in the same time it's such a pain to trigger the alert, especially the cortium part, the lack of reward is probably not a bad thing xD
  13. Nurath

I hate alerts, enforces a BF match nature to the game to try and cover the fact there should have been an intercontinental lattice from the beginning.

It'd have been a much more organic way to lock continents, and while double-teams would have occurred, they'd have developed more naturally, with plenty of opportunities for back-stabs and under-dog wins, reversals of fortunes, etc, if you had to fight for the whole continent if you wanted it locked down.