VS Medic AR: NS-11A, Equinox or H-V45?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by iPikachu, Dec 19, 2012.

1. iPikachu

Im torn between the H-V45, and the NS-11A, they both seem like 2 great weapons. H-V45 seems to be like the better CQC gun, but i am not really a fan of the Reload speed. The NS-11A seems like a amazing all around gun.

Hmm....
  2. Domnonos

Just my 2c: The Equinox to me was a "meh" gun. It has decent accuracy but lack any sort of punch when you hit stuff. Main reason to buy it is if you want to attach a grenade/smoke launcher.
    The H-V45 however is an awesome gun in CQC and I'm really loving it :)
  3. iPikachu

Because the H-V45 is getting alot more positive feedback in CQC, ima go with it. :D Buying it during the 3x SC Cash tonight! Thanks everyone for the input.
  4. iPikachu

I purchased the H-V45, and i think it is a amazing rifle!~ I have the Advance Laser Sight, and the HS/NV Scope on it. Would Soft Point Ammunition do well in CQC? Or should i stay away from it.
  5. KoooZ

I'm loving the H-V45 too, afaik soft point doesn't help cqc, but I might just be making that up. Still building the certs for my suppressor/laser sights since I have been out of town every time there's a bonus exp weekend.
  6. VKhaun

Good thread.

I would just make three quick points:

1) H-V45 gets the ADVANCED laser sight in case that wasn't clear. This is an extra strong version which costs an extra 100 certs after getting the regular one. You can hip fire this weapon to obscene ranges like it was a totally different game with this attachment. It also teaches you good bursting habits since you can see crosshair size in relation to target size (though remember that crosshair is of course zero'd for some distance.).

2) NS-11a maintains very high move speed while aiming down the sights. I don't think even the H-V45 can do that, and it makes it a fantastic weapon for firefights where you have cover, in addition to all the other praise it's gotten here.

3) The smoke grenade launcher can be very effective if used wisely, I have not tested it myself but I've heard you can SEE THROUGH SMOKE with the IRNV sight, making it a very nasty combo to smoke up a building like a generator room or capture point, then walk in ADS through an IRNV...

EDIT--
    Derp, too late, you got the H-V45. Not a bad choice though! Go for advanced laser sight and softpoint ASAP!
  7. iPikachu

Alright! I will get the Softpoint as well. I was confused if it helped in CQC. It only stats Mid range :)
  8. Trysaeder

Don't be fooled, soft point is good for close range and HVA is good for medium range. Nothing is better for long range.
  9. iPikachu

Thanks for the heads up! :D Im a CQC Medic, so the Softpoint is right for me.
  10. Phebus

NS11A with grip and compensator out performs every other VS medic rifle in general combat close and mid range. Similar to the pulsar but with more damage as more ammo in the clip and on reserve. Good all rounder with a 2x dot scope.

Corvus is a hard hitting long ranged medic rifle, nice with a 3.4 scope, foreward grip and compensator.

These are the 2 best guns in the VS medic arsenal, you don't get the instagib option with underslung rifles but you get a very nice handling pair of effective and accurate guns.
  11. grin

My opinion on the NS-11 is that the Corvus does everything that the NS-11 does and some things better. Same dps, Higher per shot damage, same damage per clip, better first shot recoil, better still ads accuracy.

HV-45 does 25% more dps than any other weapon you can get for the medic. Has very good hipfire cof, and only slows you down by 25% instead of 50% when aiming down sights.(NS-11a also does this)

Equinox grenade launcher can 1 shot people, severely damage maxes, or soften up individuals/groups of people to finish off with your bullets.
  12. m0nsta

NS11A rocks my boat. Its a TR weapon with TR scopes. Shoots 'real' bullets witch creates some confusion when you take group of TR or NC players from behind xD - You should make 2 loadouts one optimized for short/medium and one for medium long. This weapon made me mainly focus on playing rambo medic instead of my previous favorite class Heavy.
    • Up x 1
  13. kagekiri

So NS-11A uses non-faction scopes, too? Thanks for answering THAT nagging question.

Are the tracers also non-faction colors? I ran my trial during a daytime cycle, so I couldn't really tell, but that'd be a pretty sneaky way to mix things up.
  14. m0nsta

I believe they can be best compared to TR scopes. If you mean tracers like bullet rail, they just look and hear like its TR/NC weapon. You can put a nice cammo on the weapon. If you like to go for a weapon with cool addons like a shotgun, grande launcher, smoke grenade launcher, etc you should go for the Equinox (which is quite an enjoyeble weapon aswell, smoke grenade launcher + night vision scope is a real good combination)
  15. cruzinforit

NS-11A is an awesome weapon, with forward grip and compensator, it has virtually zero recoil, is stable, and high damage. It could only really be improved by a slightly larger magazine.
  16. m0nsta

Yes, and even without a larger magazine the NS11A is one of kinds that carries the most ammo per clip above all other comparable weapons. Each clip contains 35 bullets while most of the others carry 30 bullets.