VS Medic AR: NS-11A, Equinox or H-V45?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by iPikachu, Dec 19, 2012.

1. iPikachu

Hey Everyone!

I am going to be purchasing some SC Cash for the Triple SC Event and was wondering which out of these 3 guns should i be purchasing? I am currently using the stock Pulsar VS1, with 2x Optics, and Laser Sight. I am a Close-Mid range fighter.

Any suggestions is appreciated!

Pika!
  2. pan1x

I really enjoy using the H-V45. I run mine with soft point ammunition and a 1x reflex. I'll switch the rail from foregrip to laser sight, and both work well. The rate of fire combined with the damage makes it a very effective killing machine, especially with the laser sight in close to mid range. Give the stock version a trial, and good luck! :D
  3. iPikachu

Thanks for the reply! :D I was trialed all 3 of the AR, and they all felt similar to me tbh. It really changes when you add attachments which i can not do! :( Anyone else have any input?

Pika!
  4. Primacy

NS11 is a killing machine. If you can aim, this gun will reward you with many head shots. I'm fairly spammy and I maintain about a 25% hit percentage with it. Most other similar guns I hit between 19% and 22%. I use laser on the rail and it's even a decent hip fire cqc gun. I've also noticed lately that when I straight up get melted to where I have to tip my hat...it's often another NS11 doing the deed. I rotate between 2xReflex and IRNV. I believe I also went with soft point, though I can' t confirm that ATM.

Much of my BR38 was earned with the NS11. Click Diablo in my sig to see the PSU statline.
    • Up x 1
  5. UKCol55

I tried the Equinox and wasn't overly impressed, can't comment on the other two as i haven't tried them. I can't fault the stock Pulsar tbh. I mainly play medic and use it with a fore grip and 1x scope. It's so accurate, I can't see me wanting to buy a new gun anytime soon. My advice, stick with the pulsar and spend your SC on a new weapon for the other classes that are in more need of an upgraded weapon.
  6. UKCol55

I may have to do a trial with the NS11, I have heard many good things about it. Just a shame you can't trial it with attachments.
  7. iPikachu

Your post was very informative and helpful! I am going to be giving the NS 11 another try. Anyone else with any input?
  8. aRtFuL

I think compare to any Vanu guns, NS-11a won't be very impressive in terms range or bullet velocity because NS-11a has bullet drop.

NA-11a imo is only super good for NC and TR because it is accurate and is actually a better all-rounder compare to most NC/TR guns.
  9. Primacy

If you choose to do most of your fighting over 125m, bullet drop may be an issue. However, the NS-11 has much better damage at range. For example, at 115m, the NS11 hits 11.6% harder than all of the VS AR's, with the exception of the Corvus. NS11 also has faster bullet velocity. I'll take higher damage and velocity over negligible, bullet drop in practical ranges any days. If you fight mostly at 30m to 85m (like I do), you'll not have any negatives and only positives.

Having used Pulsar/Equinox/NS11 extensively, there's no question. NS11 crushes in all measurable areas.
    • Up x 1
  10. aRtFuL

That is true. I agree with that assessment. I was mainly pointing out that for the average Vanu players, they might not feel the gun will be as good because of the bullet drop (which might become quite an issue since I uses silencers myself - silencer is good for medics because you want to try to remain less detected).

Of course with Vanu there is also a problem with NS-11a if you care about maintaining the Vanu look - ns-11a looks like an TR/NC gun lol
  11. Primacy

Ah yes, agreed on all points :)

Personally. I never use silencers and I like the fact that I don't sound like a VS. But, I play VS for the people, not the lore.
  12. iPikachu

Thanks for the input! :D I am planning to purchase the NS-11 on Friday! What kind of attachments should i be aiming towards?
  13. Blitzkrieg

H-V45 crushes the short to mid range game, no contest.
  14. yama

H-V45

Not only can you combine an advanced laser sight with its low bloom for your hip firing pleasure, it also comes with a beautifully high ADS movement modifier of only .75! The other AR will drop you down to .5.
  15. Trysaeder

NS-11a also has a 0.75x movement modifier. Pretty cool for a medium-long ranged gun, since it makes you less sniper bait.
  16. tugernut

H-V45 is the XM-9 from beta
    argueably the best vs gun there is in CQC
    the ns-11a is more of a tr weapon in its mechanics , but i have heard a ton of good things about this gun across the factions
  17. aRtFuL

ns-11a is actually an all ranges gun - that's why it has soft point and laser point attachments available as well, and it performs quite good at that too.
  18. iPikachu

So between the H-V45, and the NS-11A, which gun should i be aiming towards? And what attachments each? ><
  19. Trysaeder

Yeah, and the Polaris is a better CQC LMG than the Orion.

No matter what attachments it has access to, a 650 RPM gun will always be inferior to a 750 or 800 RPM CQC gun.

You've answered your own question. H-v45. I like the 1x reflex and foregrip combo, although you might like the very tight hip fire cone that's given by the advanced laser sight.
  20. Misteradd

H-V45 is definetly a good weapon. Equinox, well, i bought it for the grenade launcher. Sometimes, I'm happy to have it, sometimes my H-V45 miss me.
    Maybe you should try the Corvus, it seems to hit hard.