VS MAX ZOE: Boycott

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Siveon, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin2501

Actually flying VS maxes were really only good for flying over base walls in PS1. Assuming you get in without being hit by phoenix rockets, or a decimator. I do miss the sounds, and lasers of the old Maxes though. I feel like I am shooting metallic popcorn at the enemies. They seem to respond that way as well, because I usually die.
    • Up x 1
  2. felfox

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself, is it fun? I'm sure SOE will balance it as well as lockdown and shield but my biggest issue is simply put, it doesn't feel fun.

NC may hate or love their shield, won't get into that, but at the end of the day, you know what you got. You see the shield and you feel the power of being invincible from the front.

Lockdown is essentially a version of ZOE, the difference is in the application. The second you use the power, you know what you're getting into. Your feet clamp, you can't move and you know this is it! Your weapons overclock, the velocity is near instant and you reload in seconds. You feel the power and you feel the trade off!

ZOE doesn't have this... There is no change to the way the guns work and there is no perceived trade off. You play as you normally would and notice people are suddenly dying faster and then you get insta gibbed. There is no sense of empowerment nor sense of trade off, you're just playing the game on fast forward... Now the speed boost though, THAT you can feel, that you can suddenly feel and at the end of the day, the speed boost is the only thing 'fun' about this power.

I realize this is mostly opinion but this power is simply put, straight up boring to use. There is nothing about this power that will make me go 'ooo I want to play a max!' And if that's what a faction specific power does, then it's a failure in my book.
    • Up x 3
  3. Myka

I really hope we don't get it in its current state. Compared to the other two options, it is lame as hell, and let's face it the other two abilities are the yardstick. One turns a MAX into an incredibly powerful static turret and the other is a fast acting shield with good damage prevention. And the Vanu get... the only option with a massive unavoidable downside, with poor damage application, and no real use beyond anything the MAX already does.

VS have had enough nails in our coffin since launch. For pete's sake, please turn ZOE into something worthy of the Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rodek

The problem I have with ZOE is it feels like a glorified sprint. We take 100% extra damage for a meager TTK reduction of ~15%. To use it efficiently you would need to use it in a situation where the reduction in TTK would result in you taking less damage than you would have not using it. Since these moments are few and far between the only time I would use it is for the extra speed movement, not the increased damage. Therefore, I'm more inclined to take charge for its great oh **** escape moments and its ability to run down enemy infantry.
    • Up x 1
  5. deveras

I'd like to support this thread.
    ZOE might be worthwhile to use (even though I would only use it for G2A if it would work with bursters).
    Still I have to say this ZOE thingy was clearly a 5 minute invention - it's uncreative, boring to use and might not even get a real animation.
    • Up x 2
  6. Marinealver

I would prefer if ZOE did not effect NS weapons such as Burster and Flamethrower. Be the counter to the new MAX ability. It only works on Vanu Energy MAX weapons.
  7. Konfuzfanten

I think and hope thats what they are doing.
    • Up x 1
  8. RadarX

Closing this up as our forum guidelines do not allow for boycotts, petitions,etc... If you have feedback for upcoming content, please feel free to discuss in our Test server feedback area. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.