VS MAX ZOE: Boycott

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Siveon, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadimir

ZOE is a acronym for Zone of the Enders. A video game franchise created by Hideo Kojima and the video game publisher Konami, and expanded on by the animation studio Sunrise. The original Zone of the Enders was developed for the launch of the PlayStation 2, which has so far spawned a sequel, a Game Boy Advance side-story, an OVA movie, and a twenty-six episode anime series.

The Zone of the Enders series is set in the late 22nd century. Mankind has colonized Mars, and space colonies are also set up in orbit around Jupiter. Fuelling this expansion are two scientific advances: the development of the Laborious Extra-Orbital Vehicle, or LEV, a mecha used for labour and military use, and the discovery of Metatron, a high-energy ore found on Callisto.

However, those in power on Earth begin to take a dim view of the colonists of Mars and Jupiter, calling them "Enders", and imposing harsh and exploitive laws and taxes against them. Eventually, different groups on Mars begin to rise up in opposition to Earth, the most well known of these called BAHRAM. A new weapon given to these rebels is the Orbital Frame, a mecha making extensive use of Metatron-based technology. These Orbital Frames come to shape the destiny of Earth and its colonies, for both good and evil.

Sorry couldn't resist :p.
    • Up x 1
  2. Vadimir

Okay serious now:
    ZOE stands for Zealot Overdrive Engine and is the new VS MAX empire specific ability. Basically it's a berserk mode that increases the MAX's damage at the expense of survivability. Some sources say that it will also increase movement speed but at this exact moment in time I can't confirm that.

[IMG]
  3. Van Dax

lol the "bro-gun"
  4. Purg

I believe in one of the FNO's, Luperza was asked that and she advised that they tested it, was fun as hell but unbelievably more OP.

Shame really, would have liked to have seen flying VS MAX.
  5. Marinealver

6. felfox

I wish XD sadly remember that we get an armour degradation so it's more like a hamster with plasma death blades of doom :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Konfuzfanten

On the test server it seems like a 20% dmg increase and 20% movement speed. But it seems to be bug on some weapons. Like it doesnt nothing to burster while making the flamethrower OHK infantry and 3-shot MAX's(without ZOE it takes around 2 full mags of 100 "bullets" pr mag to kill an enemy MAX).

I think its safe to say that ZOE is bugged right now, but the movement speed is nice.

I hope that dont change the bug to ZOE+flamethrower before it goes live. The NC tears of jealousy will quell my thirst for many moons.
    • Up x 1
  8. felfox

Speed boost was nice, damage... maybe bugged yeah, I can't tell the difference on a lot of them and others like flame thrower is just silly.

Honestly, played test for a bit, had fun, then got bored :/ Just don't really feel like anything changed beyond the speed. Seriously, I'd give up the damage boost part for MORE speed! Now that part was fun!
  9. Myka

ZOE is awful. Vanu should have something much more creative. TR Lockdown power and NC shields are both going to be very powerful, this doesn't even come close to those.

For a while there it looked like VS were finally getting some love, but this is a bit of a slap in the face tbh. :(
    • Up x 1
  10. Konfuzfanten

As long as ZOE+flamethrower stay as it is, im more then happy.
  11. Blitzkrieg

There's a very simple thing they could replace ZOE with. Replace it with jump jets! Just give them back, this ZOE ability is just ******' awful. It's unwanted, we play VS for the mobility, agility and flexability. If we wanted sheer damage, we'd play NC.
  12. Dragonblood

Still against it? That mobility it provides is more worth than an any damage buff.
  13. Naithe

It does increase movement speed tho'. The question I still have and haven't been able to test is, how big is the resistance penalty
  14. Blitzkrieg

I could also increase my speed by a considerable amount by using charge.
  15. Naithe

Yeah but qoe is active till turned off, atleast in its current form on test. =)
  16. Blitzkrieg

I know. I've played with it. But it's just such a dull ability which doesn't fit the VS at all. I would rather have an ability dedicated to speed, mobility and flexability than something just shoved in with more damage given and taken.
  17. Dragonblood

Hardly duller than not being able to move?
  18. Blitzkrieg

I would have Lockdown in a heartbeat. It still brings back nightmares from PS1 of hacking the door to CC room and being greeted by 7x Heavy cycler units. Lockdown was a fantastic ability back in PS1, and it's back in full force.
    • Up x 1
  19. Dragonblood

yeah, it will be fun for teamkilling.....you know the scenario: 3 Max firing at an entrance and that 1 friendly guy just running into that firing line.

But if it makes Max units more viable outside cause of the higher mobility, I would rather have the Zoe module.
  20. Quiiliitiila

I wanna say that fully certed the resistance penalty is 20-30%

The speed boost is AMAZING and it gets better when you run. After a few seconds of running you speed up to almost charge speed! Zoom Zoom :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.