VS MAG/MAX Buff

Discussion in 'MAX' started by JDS999, Apr 5, 2013.

1. JDS999

very simple thing need to be buffed, im sure 77% of the post will come on here to say otherwise, so after this post gets shutdown we can then go ahead about deleting the vs from PS2 altogether.
    possible max buffs
    -speed/agility buff
    -accurcy buff energy particals merge after so far and are able to land more accurate hits(instead of strafing to land longrange hits that dont kill anyone that has a brain)

possible mag buff
    -armor increase
    -speed agility inc

P.S. Im actually starting to think that the balancing in the begging of the game was near perfect, but not everyone had the counter weapon, now that the game has some age to it everyone has the counter weapons and the new esrl makes vs in general worthless. and the general balance of the game is askew again.
    the mag rider was op back in the day because most had basic launcher and it was hard to tell where it was going to be, and tank projectile speed was slower. now the mag it just a hudge scorebox for others
  2. JDS999

vs needs the 4th faction back to even pops a bit
  3. Fligsnurt

I'd be willing to say that the Mag MIGHT need just a little bit more side to side strafe speed and a stock better turn speed. But thats what it is based, its maneuverability. So I'd say no to an armor buff. And yes, the VS MAX could use some love, they don't have anything that directly competes with Mercys. (not copies, competes.)
    • Up x 1
  4. hostilechild

I main NC but,
    The VS max probably does need a minor buff, its the only MAX i don't run from and the one i see the least. Its more a barbie doll than a MAX suit. The magrider is still my favorite tank and the one i do best with so not so sure about a buff for it.
    • Up x 1
  5. WetPatch

The Magrider does need a buff. Its ability is supposed to be agility which has been taken away by giving the other factions velocity buffs. Now its to Big, to slow, and its main cannons are under powered.

There is no reason to take the AP cannon over the HEAT. And i cant for the life of me understand why they nerfed the Saron Velocity only to give it to the enforcer whos bullets drop is barely anything.

Its AP cannon needs a velocity buff to bring it in line with the other MBT AP. The lightning AP cannon even out preforms it due to a better ROF.
    • Up x 1
  6. xGreedFuSioN

Make it spider tank again, EXACTLY like it was before, maybe a little faster, and reduce its armor by 75% and RoF by 50% c:
  7. Ghosty11

The dual Cosmos with extended magazine can face down a TR Mercy MAX with extended magazine. I think it's a pretty balanced fight, but usually ends up with the TR MAX running to reload.
    • Up x 1
  8. Marked4Death

I think most people will agree with the VS max needing a buff. But Max's are gonna get a shake up with new abilities and new weps real soon, so I think people are waiting for that. Who knows the VS might be the ones to get the "phoenix" of those new weps.

The mag is a bit sad ATM. Some people will disagree with you there but some people also never us the thing. IMHO it needs:
    1. Increased sensitivity when turning (I have to max my sensitivity to be able to turn the thing and it makes all other vehicles suck - just a playability fix)
    2. Increased projectile velocity. Maybe not quite as much as the other tanks, as those changes were made to balance the strafing, but when I change from a vanny or prowler to the mag, I'm pretty shocked every time at the drop. It's like going from no drop to a silenced pistol with drop.
    • Up x 1
  9. gigastar

I also find it strange that, as belonging to the fation thats not supposed to have any bullet drop, the Supernova has the worst bullet drop of all the vehicle weapons.
    • Up x 1
  10. Aegie

Magrider outscores NC MBT by 17% and you want it buffed.
  11. Ganjis

TBH, for the VS MAX, the dual cosmos setup is nice. If that were left alone, the Blueshift made more accurate, the Quasar made as accurate as the Cosmos and the other one made to actually out-DPS the others it would be OK. The dual cosmos is fairly accurate, reasonably damaging and goes on forever.

Magrider should have faster rounds if any tank should have faster rounds.
  12. Frosty The Pyro

cosmos have the same acuracy as mercies, a bit worse dps, and a MUCH larger mag.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tachi

I think the bullet drop is the same on all the tank guns it's just that the other faction main guns have a higher velocity. Our HEAT ammo is about the same speed as other factions HE and our AP is the same as other factions HEAT. *(don't quote me i could be wrong)
  14. Ganjis

According to PS2 calc, all HE goes at the same speed. Mag HEAT is 25 m/s faster. Mag AP and Prowler HEAT 25 faster still. Prowler AP and Vanguard HEAT 25 faster than that, with a final extra 25 m/s for Vanguard AP.
  15. Dreadnaught Wrex

Would be fine with the VS MAX getting more agility if the TR MAX got slightly more armor and the NC MAX got slower and more armor.

Dont call for a Buff for the MAXes right now without calling for a buff/edit for the other MAXes. Contrary to VS belief. VS MAXes with dual AI arent that bad compared to a TR MAX.
  16. Frosty The Pyro

Going from patch notes, the original state was HE=HEAT and AP had a bonus, all factions being equal. then Prowler AP, Vanguard Heat, and Vanguard AP all got velocity buffs.

Weather this means there was an undocumented change or ps2calc has some velocities wrong, I do not know.
  17. Anvildude

If VS get better 'walk' speed (or turn/strafe speeds), TR could get faster Sprint, while NC get say 1 or 2% more small arms resist.
  18. Niller

Yet the mag in tank vs tank is pretty balanced, according to the stats.
  19. Zapon

Except Cosmos don't have the fire rate of Mercies- so in a stand off fight, the VS max loses every single time. And there's nothing they can do about it - that larger mag is useless since they'll be dead before they get to those rounds. And in a straight up fight, or corridor fight, you can't really take your guns off the enemy max -
  20. Blitzkrieg

Magrider is fine.