VS forced to pay more Certs for same performance again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tentakewls, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Tentakewls

While the new questionnaire thing is a great idea, I can't help but noticing some pretty obvious issues. It really makes me wonder if there's people on the Dev team that play VS at all since, again, they don't seem to know the name of the weapons they themselves created:

Choosing heavy on the questionnaire will give you:

NC = EM 1 ( 250 certs, 652/142 model, 100 mag support LMG )
    TR = T16 Rhino ( 250 certs, 652/142 model, 100 mag support LMG )
    VS = Pulsar LSW ( 100 cert, downgrade from the Orion/SVA )

Why don't the VS get their 250 certs, 652/142 model, 100 mag support LMG a.k.a. the VX29 Polaris? Because...ummm...yeah...

Shotguns, the "again" part of the title. Used to be that all shotguns where priced 1k certs, at some point the prices got changed and this was the first time I noticed not many people on the dev team are paying attention to VS.

High capacity semi auto shotguns:

TR TS4 Haymaker = 250 certs
    NC NC12 Sweeper = 250 certs
    VS Nova = 750 certs

Fast reload semi auto shotguns:

TR FA1 Barrage = 750 certs ( now free )
    NC Mauler S6 = 750 certs ( now free )
    VS Thanatos VE70 = 250 certs ( now free )

I made a thread back when the price change was introduced and people were talking about preference and idiotic things like that, which is irrelevant, since high capacity semi auto severely outperform fast reload ones, that means that VS always had to pay more to get the best semi auto, for no reason. Now, all fast reload shotguns have been made free, but this didn't take into account the random difference in price VS suffered which means TR/NC get a free 750 cert shotgun and can spend 250 to get the other one. VS chars however get their 250 certs shotgun for free and have to spend 750 certs to get the high capacity shotgun, again, for no real reason. It also means that VS is the only faction that has two 750 cert shotguns ( Nova and Pandora ) while everyone else only has one.

I propose the folowing changes:

1 - In regards to the heavy choice, make the VX29 Polaris worth 100 certs, since ATM VS doesn't have a 100cert LMG but both other factions do.

2 - Make the Nova a 250 cert weapon as it always should have been, this means VS will still have to buy their best performing shotgun, but at least they don't have to pay a ridiculous 750 certs for it.

Knowing is Half the Battle!
    • Up x 22
  2. DevDevBooday

All are valid and curious as to why that is the case except your second one.

I find the Corvus infinitely more useful than the HV45 to be honest and I wish TR had an equivalent. Our other choice is the TAR and its ALSO a CQC gun.
  3. Tentakewls

Yeah I guess the medic one can be chalked up to preference so I'll just remove it. I'd take the SABR over the Corvus any day tho but that's a whole different topic.
  4. Littleman

SABR-13 has the accuracy, but the burst fire is too clunky for effective use in CQC, since now one has to concentrate on timing their trigger pulls to get the most out of it's wildly varying RPM.

The corvus can still perform in CQC - I trust it with my life in EVERY situation and it hasn't let me down yet. People can crunch the numbers all they want, CQC outcomes usually come down to two factors: who fired first, who has the better accuracy/is landing more shots. Optional 3: is it a heavy/MAX?

I do agree that the Pulsar LSW is an odd choice. Figured they give the VS the flare or the Ursa.
  5. LT_Latency

Stop complaining about free stuff.
    • Up x 10
  6. Phazaar

I assume that the reason you don't have a 100 cert LMG is because you have a FREE LMG that's better than all of the other LMGs? Why would you even bother spending 100 certs, let alone 250 or 1000 on a weapon that isn't the Orion?...
    • Up x 20
  7. RPKOlsen

what he said
    • Up x 1
  8. Tentakewls

Irrelevant. The Orion may be the best CQC LMG for VS but it's awful at mid range and the fact that it's hard to control and it has 50 bullets per mag, make it a terrible support/suppression weapon. Also, I could just say that the NC should not get the EM1 because they get a FREE LMG that's better than all of the other LMGs.
    You don't give a reason at all, just spewing faction bias. If you are not going to make a concise argument, please abstain from posting in this thread.
    • Up x 8
  9. AMARDA

Lasher for support and suppression work.
    • Up x 6
  10. TheMercator

The Orion is not bad at mid range. Most TR and NC would be glad having a LMG that is as accurate and controlable as the Orion.
    And you shouldn't mention the saw in a thread called VS forced to pay more Certs. You know the weapon that needs 330 certs to be at least useable, not necessaryly good.
    Concerning the Shotguns I don't know what they did there.
    • Up x 3
  11. Phazaar

The reason I'm giving you right now is that before the LMGs had their cert costs changed, they were all even. Changes were necessary due to demand, however there was no reason to give VS a cheap LMG since new players were not hindered by their default LMG (which continues to be the strongest performer even now, doesn't it?).

They did not say 'we're reducing costs for a few weapons so everyone gets access to a cheaper option they did not have the day before', they said 'we're reducing costs for some under-utilised weapons', if I recall correctly. It'd take a lot of scrolling through Higby's opinions on headphones and *** to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's the conclusion arrived at when this was first brought up on patch day.

Also it's not factional bias simply because it doesn't immediately bow to your QQ WOE IS ME I R VS AND THEY TOOK MAH MAGRIDER :'( QQ logical thought. You'll note I didn't take on the issue with shotguns because I agree that now that they have been normalised, there is no sense in there being a difference. The same is not the case though for LMGs, and until the EM6 or Anchor become the default NC weapon (personally I like the CARV, but I know a lot of people would like to see that switched too), complaining about cert costs whilst sitting on the highest performing free weapon is a nonsense. The extra certs new VS players can get from a couple of hours of HA play that a new NC player won't get are more than enough to make up the difference... Before we get into how much you need to spend on attachments to make the 'free' stuff TR or NC get anywhere near as competitive as VS starter weapons.

My bad, I did say 'weapon' instead of 'LMG' ;)
  12. Tentakewls

I highly doubt the Polaris is a popular weapon, and noone uses the Pulsar because it's a downgrade from the Orion, making it free doesn't alleviate this fact and makes VS heavy have to choose between a CQC LMG or a worse CQC LMG.

Really? I don't remember saying anything about the magrider, or saying something like:

Guess all those VS that use any non-orion LMGs are massive noobs. In fact, why not just remove all non Orion LMGs since aparently the Orion is the be all end all of LMG...

So while new NC/TR players get two very different weapons to choose from, VS only get the Orion, since the Pulsar is just a worse version of the Orion and makes no sense to ever use it. Doesn't this make the god like Orion problem even worse then? If you have people choosing between the Orion and Polaris, you'd have less people using the Orion. Instead since no one chooses the Pulsar, all of those people will use the Orion. Wouldn't having people using inferior non-Orion weapons be a good thing?
    If you want the Anchor or EM6 or whatever to be the default NC LMG then you should make a thread about that instead of your "I didn't get what I want so **** everyone else" attitude.
    • Up x 3
  13. LT_Latency

Who cares, different factions are different.

TR start with a god awful semi instead of a bolt action like the NC. Just fork over 200 certs if you want the same thing
    • Up x 4
  14. Crackulous

I honestly don't mind. Starter gear has always been different. For example, NC starts off with the bolt action, but has a long range LMG, the Gauss SAW.
    • Up x 2
  15. Phyr

Your entire premise is that cert cost = performance, which is clearly wrong.
    • Up x 7
  16. Tentakewls

Ummm...no it isn't? My entire premise is that TR and NC get a free 750 shotgun and have to spend 250 to get the other one. While VS gets a free 250 and have to spend 750 to get the other one...did you even bother reading? I guess not...
    • Up x 2
  17. Phyr

The two are almost identical, with the only noticeable difference being the mag size. If you have one you don't need to bother getting the other, ever.
  18. Tentakewls

Even more reason then for them to be priced the same then. If they are identical, why do TR and NC get 250 shotguns and VS only has 750 ones?
    • Up x 1
  19. Alarox

Weapons that serve the same purpose across each faction should cost the same.
    • Up x 7
  20. Phyr

Why would they want a 250 cert shotgun when they have a shotgun already? Why would the VS want the 750 cert shotgun when they have a shotgun already?