VS ESSR: Shade general discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Dasparian, Feb 7, 2014.

1. moriarrr-ceres

I will never buy this crap its even a downgrade of the starter rifle. I will, like many vanu do unlock the ns one, as usual we will have something buggy and unusable.
    They should:
    -give it to light assault instead
    Or
    -put a special scope with no breath mechanic and maybe a weelzoom.
    -give a unique effect to charged shot like splash damage (can be usefull combined with lasher heavys)
    Or
    -charged shot do ap damage
    Or
    Can charge the shot cloacked

200meters.........its a joke?
    • Up x 2
  2. Vanon

A strong suggestion, try 2 charge shot's at the body the same way you would fire a semi auto. It's actually easy to do, even on moving targets, and 2 hits is a kill. That being said, I was in complete agreement of everything you said until i tested it and found this out. It's a 0hk charged head shot at 200m, it's a fast 2hk charged body shot, and 3hk semi auto.

I think there are 2 solutions, either give the charged shot an extra 2 second's of hold time (roughly double what it is now) so that you have more time to aim and release, or give it a 0hk head shot at 300m. Still, this gun kinda makes me want to go VS. It plays very well to how i tend to snipe.
    • Up x 1
  3. moriarrr-ceres

If you cant hold the charge cloaked i prefer even go cqc with my smg
    In vr training you think its cool but i battle you will see.
    Ok let s leave it like that and ad a glowing pink lumifiber on it and a rainbow tracer, so maybe i will use it as a challenge :)
  4. Vanon

Oh my suggestion was charged WHILE cloaking. If it's a mobility / mid range snipeing gun, which it seems like, the ability to charge only while uncloaked completely negates the majority of stealth needed on a mobility / mid ranged snipeing gun.

BTW you should see the new "Railjacks" tracers. You can easily confuse them with rocket pods.
  5. NeoRazielBlade

The 'semi-auto' shade... I think would probably be less awkward with a typical semi-auto scope, like the phantom. I believe it is the larger scopes that give it the bulk of its problems. If it is treated as a semi-auto, as it should be, it removes the problem (circus act) of charging and holding breath at the same time. I am sure some like the idea of a larger scope... but a scope that actually fits the rifle naturally will be much better for moving targets.
    • Up x 2
  6. ISKNausicaa

A simple yet brilliant idea, how about letting the shade have access to *all* the scopes, both long and short.
  7. Pikachu

Would it really be too powerful to allow charge+quick body shot=kill?
    • Up x 1
  8. MonkeyCheese

This please, I would much rather have a 4x or 6x scope than a 7-12 scope, but having access to all the scopes would be great in the shades current state and I dont really see how it would be over powered in anyway as we have to remember that the ghost with its no sway 4x and headshotting damage is getting the straight pull bolt.
  9. NeoRazielBlade

I hope to keep the unlimited ammo, just change the scope.
  10. Acceleratio

Im so going to buy this Unlimited ammo! Finaly i dont have to yell at engineers for 3 minutes anymore
  11. Ravenorth

They should really just enable low magnification optics for it, makes a lot more sense since OHK range is also only 200m and charging shots would be less trickier when you dont have to hold your breath all the time.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

Make the long charged shot hit hard on MAXes. :) Make fast charged shot+quick shot)=kill.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vivicector

I really don't get it. Semi-autos are barelly useful for anyone in the game. Here we get a semi-auto with charge mechanics, that is a pain in the *** to use and bad scopes.

Well, if you give it some 2x-4x scopes, it may find a place in my inventory, even if I will have a hard time taking it instead of the Ghost.
    • Up x 1
  14. DxAdder

I don't mind where the Shade is at right now except for the bullet velocity, I think it should be more like 600ms.
  15. Wobberjockey

the weapon really needs access to the 4x scopes at minimum.

heck the TRAP gets a 6x for long range use, why the heck should we be stuck with long-range scopes for a weapon that is primarily useful at short range.

there is a reason my shade has 0 kills on it. IT'S THE SCOPES!
    • Up x 1
  16. Zcuron

Has been posted before, but this is great;

17. VoidMagic

Can someone explain why anyone would ever use the new VS rifle over say any of the other sniper rifles that have none of these issues... Is ammo really that much of an issue... considering infils can go invisible and hack and all. Bullet drop is really that much of an issue for anyone... it just seems like another lasher to me... of course Im a horrible infil... which is why I ask.

Did no one ask for a laser.... seems like a continuous firing laser would be a pretty neat sniper rifle.
  18. Wobberjockey

the idea behind this weapon is that it has the versatility to act like a SASR, while being able to pull a BASR shot as necessary.
    Idealy i see it being used by an infiltrator in a squad. usually such a role has you shooting more often, and more at center of mass as opposed to taking carefully aimed head shots.
    but in taking a SASR, you lose the ability to take head shots of opportunity on stationary targets like engineers on turrets, and light assaults who forget that people do look up.

it is a very specific role, for a weapon, but as an infiltrator who plays with a squad, i often find myself carrying the wrong weapon for the job, even though i had the right one mere moments before
  19. Dasparian

If the Shade- sorry, Phaseshift- were meant for versatility, it should've just had two firing modes with a very long toggle animation, and bullet drop on the BA mode.

The charge mechanic fails to be versatile since it can't provide on-demand BA shots, and adds an unnecessary layer of complexity to the sniping game. Taking away bullet drop and adding the guessing game of "When do I have a full charge?" does not make for good balance, nor good mechanics.

The weapon is like an awkward pre-teen that can't find anyone to go to the dance with- it fails to fit in, or even compete with other weapons, and is a horrible mess to observe, much less interact with.
  20. Rigsta

The latest PTS update fixed a jerky animation while firing but I'm not seeing any other changes.

Apart from the name. Shade is MUCH better than Phaseshift VX-S.