[VS] CQC beast of an LMG...

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by faykid, Oct 28, 2013.

1. faykid

...with more than 50 rounds battery is?...

The problem is, Orion has a very small clip. And I want to concuss a room full of enemies and rush in with a bullet hose. What would that be?

Despite all the hate, i certed into the Polaris. I have fun with it, but i want your opinion.

I have Flare and Ursa (don't like either, and they suck at CQC), i find Sirius to have the same weakness as the Orion (small clip for an HA). What should i cert into, or maybe Polaris was the right choice after all?
  2. Hrafnagaldr

Polaris with Advanced Laser Sight. Despite the seemingly low dps it was one of the fastest LMGs to get auraxium with. Huge clip + adv. laser combined with resist shield (I used NMG though) are great for clearing rooms (use conc. nade before of course).
  3. DocteurVK

You can use the Pulsar LSW over the orion if you accept getting a slightly lower RoF for 25 more rounds in its magazine and less ADS speed.

Only 100 certs for this gun is a good thing.
  4. Pie Chasm

"CQC beast of an LMG"

Orion. Arguably the best CQC LMG in the game (barring MSW-R).

You want a real bullet hose with.. somewhat tolerable hip accuracy? Roll TR and get a MCG. It's ****, but it's still better than the polaris at the only application that you care about.

If anything, it will enlighten you to as why you should love your Orion more than anything.
  5. MaCritz

I agree with ^.

I got the Auraxium with the Pulsar WAY faster than the Orion.. Don't think of it as a killing machine, think of it as an EFFICIENT weapon.. Highly recommended.. I had my doubts about this weapon initially, but boy, was I wrong!!

It's not the stats that determines the best weapon, it's the feeling you get when using certain weapons that counts..
  6. faykid

thanks, even though comments like these are not common, i rejoice seeing them, as i also have a good feel using Polaris.
  7. faykid

i guess i should have started my experimenting with this gun. i blame all those YT reviews which talked me into buying Flare first, then Ursa. i should've tried the starter weapons first...

i guess i will cert into it next, just to see. that will net me with total of 5 LMGs! i'm a horrible shopper
  8. faykid

yeah, i know Orion is the best. the problem is, i have to reload before i kill enough people in a room. when i rush into a room, i die most of the time in the end (my purpose is to make havoc and soften a group of enemies for the other guys who will follow). all i need to do is sell my life dearly, and Orion just does not cut it. i know it's an l2p issue, but a skilled player can clear a room with beamer i guess, and i am not a skilled player, i need a bullet hose to wound and kill enough people
  9. faykid

it has the basic laser sight right? not advanced? i will try it next, once i **** out the polaris
  10. Hrafnagaldr

Polaris is the only Vanu LMG with the advanced laser sight option. You have to acquire the basic one first, though.
    And you have to get used to hipfire with the Polaris and not use ADS.

Polaris is fine,too. It is the last one I have to get Auraxium with, and I am doing fine so far. SVA-88 ist a little bit better though, thanks to the 0.75 ADS movement multiplier.
  11. Posse

See my sig.
  12. Shanther

The lack of people bringing up the SVA-88 is disturbing. If you find that you are unable to use the Orion due to the clip size, the only weapon I would ever suggest to people in the SVA-88. You get 75 rounds AND you get to keep the Orion's ADS movement speed.
    • Up x 3
  13. Posse

For CQC? No thanks, bigger CoF and lower DPS.
  14. Jovisfulmen

15. Posse

True, I confused it with another weapon probably, but still, in CQC that DPS difference is really important, that's why the Orion is the only real option for CQC, the SVA could be used, but you're sacrificing the best thing it has, the mid range, if you put a laser sight into it.
  16. MajiinBuu

I use the Flare(without laser sight) and spray in the general direction of the enemy whenever I'm within 5 meters of them. The CoF is massive, but it helps when the crosshair isn't actually on the enemy.
  17. Visigodo

Listen to me.
    ORION.
  18. lilleAllan

SVA-88

Basically an Orion that trades 50 rpm for a 50 % bigger mag. Slightly weaker in CQC; but better at mid range imo. The bigger mag is awesome.
    • Up x 4
  19. Posse

You can be the best player in the world, but with the DPS of the Polaris you won't clean an entire room before reloading, you'll be dead before reloading, so yeah, you can't do that sadly (I blame the ridiculously long TTK for that, with shorter TTKs the magazine of the Orion would be enough for a few more kills).
  20. Konfuzfanten

As VS you got 3 CQC(1-25 meters) LMG options:
    1) Orion: the only, the best, the pure CQC gun - nothing comes close. Only matched by the Carv and MSW in CQC.
    2) Polaris: your hip fire gun. Its decent with advanced laser sight and its 100 mag, but horribad at ADS. You will get beaten by guys of equal skill, but higher DPS guns.
    3) Flare with extended mag: the VS bullet hose extraordinaire. You wont run out of bullets in a fire fight, no matter what you do. You will lose a lot of straight up 1vs1 fights, BUT you can lay down suppression fire like nobody else. Nothing in the VS arsenal comes close in terms of killing power pr mag. Its more or less a poor mans lasher.

SVA-88, Ursa and Pulsar got too many downsides to be truely useful in CQC, either they got too low DPS, too few bullets pr mag or a combo of those.

Ofc if you are good at getting into CQC then a full auto shotgun or PA might be worth a try.