VS Cloak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HeadshotVictim, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadshotVictim

Hi,
    I looked a bit around in the forums but didn't find anything matching my concerns.
    So opening a new thread seems to be the only way to find out, if I am the only one to feel that the VS got a free cloak for all their classes.
    The standard camo is SO dark at the moment, that it is nearly impossible (for me) to fight them. Especially at night or inside buildings with darker gray walls. The worst situation is trying to fight them (and infiltrators are the worst here!) inside air base towers at night. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to see them. I may be shortsighted, but my ability to distinguished is still as good as it used to be. It was always hard to fight VS inside Tower Bases, but it got a lot worse since GU7.
    So my question (finally):
    Am I the only one having problems to see VS?

I hope this will not be seen as a troll post or complaining about VS (again). I really want to see if I am just blind or if there is perhaps really a problem.

Thank you for your time.
    HeadshotVictim
    • Up x 2
  2. MJC7285

I generally hear the cloak then know to not stand still as a pan and look for that weird fluid movement. Then it is all over unless they ADAD like crazy and wig out or get a headshot on me.

Edit: and they dont stand out exacally but can be seen fairly well
  3. HeadshotVictim

I didn't mean the Infisltrators cloak. Sorry... I meant the standard amor camo...
    the "free cloak" to ALL classes : ) my post was confusing...
  4. VanuSovereignty

It is our benefit for having the useless no-bulletdrop ability.
    • Up x 2
  5. MJC7285

Yes they blend fairly well in dark situations compared to say a NC LA. But if you take a quick glance you generally see them. HV scope makes it pretty easy with a simple quick pan you can check the walls of sneaky players.
    • Up x 1
  6. MJC7285

"VS is easy mode" God I hate it when people say that. (Currently NC was a VS and before that TR)
  7. Teegeeack

Turn your brightness up or deal with it. Those seem to be your options.
    • Up x 1
  8. Teegeeack

TR is easy, VS medium, NC hard.
    • Up x 2
  9. NinjaTurtle

I would say they have the best colour. I would pay for black camo for my NC character and I also feel that purple suited the VS more.

I would say that they are certainly harder to see at night, the difference in the day is non existent obviously.
  10. Radioactive Pirate

Cert into an IR/NV scope. Problem solved.
  11. LT_Latency

They also need more team colors on their camo suits.

Sometimes they can slip right into your army and people don't notice because they have very little actual purple on their camo suits
  12. MJC7285

That's called nobody is paying attention.
    • Up x 6
  13. MJC7285

No. They are all equally as easy/difficult.
    • Up x 3
  14. FlayvorOfEvil

Like this morning when I was wearing Esamir Snow camo sitting in a tree above the Vanu at night time at TI Alloys and got 3 21 kill streaks. The only person who even saw me was an Aimbotter that was shooting me with an orion all the way from the Crown.

How do they not see a white and yellow blob on a tree at night time? Because no one looks up.
    • Up x 1
  15. jjruh

*Sigh* thats just not true... All factions are pretty much equal, thats the point of balance.
  16. MJC7285

I personally love going the long way around a hill running up behind and knifing players. You can get a ton of kills before anyone catches on. You even get medics that try to heal you and don't catch on when they can't. Ahh so great :)
  17. MJC7285

Balance wats dat? sum dood shot me. Mad OP nerf dat yo.

But seriously Ive played them all and can't seem to find this difficulty many talk about.
  18. Obscura

I point you all to this video, as someone who plays VS infil I can say it's you not paying attention lol.
  19. HeadshotVictim

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THIS WHOLE:
    XYZ FACTION IS F\_/CKING OP SH_T?!
    I asked a simple question:
    Do you have problems spotting VS since the last game update?
    I really want this question answered WITHOUT this whole stupid yammering! My goodness guys! This is not childcare/kindergarden or whatever you want to call it. This is a gaming forum...
    Problem:
    1)I cant see VS further away (since I can't see them up close either now it would improve my situation)
    2) I can't move fast enough! I need to be on my toes to fight these guys, so i can't afford to "run" around at 50% of my normal speed. When I move around scoping the whole time I can stand still as well and wait until I get shot....

PS:
    up to now I have to say that only VanuSovereignty, MJC7285 and NinjaTurtle made useful statements. Questionable perhaps, but helpful. The rest seems to be useless flaming against whoever is near -.-
  20. Teegeeack

Yes, but this game is unbalanced.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.