VS bolt-action snipers: XM98 vs. V10 - what are the differences?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Dreggon, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Dreggon

I've taken two screenshots and they both have identical stats. I don't understand the difference between the two, except that the XM98 costs 100 certs (not too hard) while the V10 costs 1000 (which isn't happening any time soon). I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the difference is between the two.
  2. Phlux

The XM98 has a slightly faster reload speed between shots. This allow those with a "fast sniper" play-style who also want to use a bolt over a semi-auto.

The V10 has higher velocity rounds mean that the bullet speed is increased so they have slightly less drop and require slightly less lead time on moving targets. It is a little easier to use for some people.

Note: This was the case last time i checked, of course, this may have changed.
  3. Topsu

I thought vanu hasn't bullet drop at all...

Or do you mean the dmg decreasement?
  4. Phlux

We still have bullet drop but it is reduced so that it only becomes noticeable at long ranges. (Though with the current render range most never reach that range while shooting infantry; try picking a very long range tree or other stationary target at the warp gate and you will see what i mean.)

We still suffer damage degradation but on the bolts it is still 1 in the head/ 2 in the body even at very long ranges.
  5. Dreggon

Thanks, guess it's time to save.
  6. jolttt

thanks i was wondering this exact thing cause i just got the xm98 yester day and love them dmg but hate the drop. so i guess ill get the v10 next. they should include velocity on weapon description and bullet chmabering ro bolt actions weapons i guess so we can tell the differences.
  7. SJ_Wolf

You will quickly get used to the drop on the XM98. I was so used to it in fact that when the game launched and I got the free V10, it was painfully awful to get used to. However, once I did I became far more efficient. When guys aren't blinking in and out of existence I can drop people from the back TI Alloy's who are camping the pads on the crown with barely any drop.
  8. Blitzkrieg

V10 is an amazing weapon. Really is rifle to be reckoned with. However for its price, i'm not sure if it's worth it over the XM98, unless you're a very avid sniper since it's 10x the amount.

Most Vanu weapons don't have bullet drop, however our bolt actions do have bullet drop as a form of balancing for one hit kill weapons. The only other weapons that have bullet drop are the rocket launcher and magrider tank shell.
  9. Pinkrage

No one uses the ghost rifle?
    Max 4x scope, good for short - med, but I use it for long too.

>sniping with 3 other snipers that use "real" sniper rifles.
    I get the kills due to HS on 1st hit.
    Feels real good to hit a HS with 4x scope bolt action, at a distance such that you only see a dot.
  10. SJ_Wolf

For handicapping and trying to test yourself that's cool, but I think for actual combat you've got to go with the XM or v10 with a proper scope. I prefer 10x myself. The 12x is nice, but at the distance that requires 12x, the lag and draw issues make it pointless to me.
  11. Imij

As others have stated. the V10 bullet moves faster, but has a longer reload timer. That's the only difference.