[VS] Best carbine?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Yautja, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ElectricSheepDream

I'm dying to know what's so great about the solstice that its amazing to you. Because besides the burst variants I can't think of a carbine I would prefer less.
  2. Longasc

Solstice SF. Has Soft Point Ammo and all attachments plus high accuracy and ease of use in many situations.

The VX-67 is eating bullets and difficult at range, the Pulsar C is much more to my liking but its slow ROF is more apparent than for the Solstice and it doesn't have as many attachment options.

I like the S guns in general, only the Gauss Rifle S somehow isn't for me, gun behavior feels very un-NC and I just have no luck or fun with it.
  3. ElectricSheepDream

The Solstice SF has many things, high accuracy isn't actually one of it. It just simply fires slower then most carbines. The Pulsar C is actually way more accurate, fires slower which makes it more manageable and still wins out in raw dps.
    You use the Solstice SF for the underbarrel attachment, it's pretty bad otherwise.
  4. Ttariel

5. ElectricSheepDream

I know that it's supposed to be a jack of all trades weapon. And even if it could live up to that amazing wouldn't be the word to describe it. If you want a weapon that's decent at almost everything the Pulsar C is far and away superior at that then the stock solstice at everything but knife range.
  6. Longasc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...INE&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

^ low recoil and little first shot multiplier work in favor of the Solstice. The differences are not much in stats, it is still more accurate than Serpent or VX. Of the 6 VS Carbines 3 are Solstices versions. And yes, I mostly use it with a grenade launcher on my Engineer and lately didn't play much and didn't leave tanks or MAXes much.

I find the VX difficult to use, it requires trigger discipline as it goes through the magazine so fast. :(
  7. Longasc

I find it interesting that I initially favored the Pulsar, too, but even if ~150 less rpm doesn't seem much, 167 damage didn't seem to make up for it at close range. :(
  8. ElectricSheepDream

Uhm maybe check those stats again, because I'm not sure how 2.8 is little fsm to you ? The joke here btw is that ALL VS carbines except the Pulsar C have high fsrm. Also yes it is more accurate than the serpent or vx. But these guns also shot way way faster ? To the point where you would still lose at most ranges.
    Also the difference at spitting distance between the Pulsar C and the Solstice in terms of dps is really small. Small enough that if you actually value accuracy you should prefer it over the Solstice.
    Because it's far superior accuracy means you'll actually beat bullethoses at range while still decent enough to take it into more confined areas. (For really Cqc you should use the serpent or vx though)
    And of the 6 VS carbines yes 3 are solstices version, and they are all bad. But at least the SF can take SPA and an underbarrel attachment.
    The solstice is so much jack of all trades master of none, it isn't even the best at that.
  9. Govedo13

Solstice in all versions is trash. Pulsar C and Serpent are nice for their ranges, I personally prefer the NS-11C.