[VS] Best carbine?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Yautja, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Yautja

I presently have just the Solstice and the Solstice SF (along with the glitchy grenade launcher). What is the best carbine or weapon for that matter to run with?
  2. ThrottleFox

I like the serpent, fast firing and good for close range
  3. Frosty The Pyro

doesnt matter the faction, i like the -S weapons because they are the ones that get the underbarrel attachments, and those are fun and add an impresive amount versitility.
    • Up x 1
  4. Xermalk

Until they fix all the issues with them i recommend to stay away from them.
    There's just to many issues with weapon swapping getting stuck and them not reloading/dealing damage properly.
  5. Xebov

I use the Solstice SF too. The GL has its Bugs and i hope they fix them soon, but its realy good at certain situations and usually it works for at least 2-6 shots.
  6. Skiptis

If you fire the GL, switch back to the gun before the reload finishes and then switch to the GL again it and let it reload (do this for every shot) it usually works fine with resupplying from ammo packs. Obviously it's not ideal, but in a situation where you're standing on an ammo pack lobbing grenades into a chokepoint or whatever it at least allows you to continue to do so until SOE runs out of small talk by the coffee machine and fixes the GL.

The VX6-7 and Serpent are CQC beasts but you'll get less out of that strength than a LA and the synergy between ammo pack and the Solstice SF's GL (when it works, that is) is very hard to pass up. There's also nothing wrong with the stock Solstice / SF, it's a well rounded weapon which suits the engineer just fine.
    • Up x 1
  7. Sian

I switch between the Solstice SF, Nova shotgun, and occasionally Eidolon because I am stubborn and stupid.
    • Up x 1
  8. Yautja

The stupid shotguns cost WAY too much.
  9. Zanduh

Sian I have the exact same setup
  10. Goodkat

I have been using Solstice with supressor, night vision, laser, to get close and quiet at night. For mid range, Solstice Burst with 2x reflex, flash supressor, forward grip. In bigger fights, Pulsar C as it packs more punch per magazine.
  11. Erendil

That's why the Smed-god made triple SC days. :p

I personally run Nova shotgun + extended mag + NV scope for CQC and the Pulsar C + Level 2 Advanced Foregrip + Compensator + NV/4x/6x scope (depending) for everything else. I've been toying w/ the idea of getting HV ammo for the Pulsar C too.

Nova kills everything in 3 slugs or less, except MAXes (haven't tested them yet). 4 slugs if it's long range.

I think the Pulsar C is amazing. With a 6x scope and Adv Foregrip it has the accuracy of the Eidolon, hits like an NC weapon but with VS-speed reloads, and has full-auto for CQC work when needed. I call it my Lil' Purple SAW. :cool:
  12. Soulstitchmmo

What's your opinion of Nova vs. Eidolon?
  13. Kiddneey

For LA I use a fully certed Pulsar-C; advanced foregrip, compensator, x2 Reflex sight, high velocity ammo.
    Control the vertical recoil and it's like a laser-accurate NC carbine, very powerful.

For Engie, Solstice SF.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ttariel

Pulsar C for me
    Used to be Serpant, but after the changes my playstyle does not work with it anymore. Should try the vx6-7 soon...
  15. testsample

depends on your play style, if like medium-long engagement then the Pulsar C is the best choice, and if you like short ranges then get the Serpent, and if you find yourself engaging in between those ranges then the Solstice SF and Solstice VE3 are good options.
  16. Tentakewls

NECRO MUCH?
    • Up x 1
  17. DeadlyPeanutt

pulsar c for medium/close ranges, but ads and aim for head because of low rof. (MUST be fully certed with compensator and afg, longer ranges a 4x scope and hva). a headshot beast if you're a high aim player. takes out HA smoothly if you can headshot them.

serpent for cqc, hipfire... (soft point ammo and forward grip)
  18. Ttariel

Most are good at what they do
    Stock is an amazing gun
    Pulsar c for onger ranges, with suppresor and lasersights ok in CQC too
    Serpant for hipfire TTK, used to be good with ADS but after the 0.75 changes its not that great.
    VX6-7 good TTK, good Hipfire, decent ADS. MIght be the most viable carbine for many VS player.
    Stay away from the NS-11C. It used to be amazing with ADS and 0 recoil if you had the right setup, but again thanks to the 0.75 recoil changes Stock is better in almost all moments.

I say go with VX6-7, cant go wrong with it.
  19. ElectricSheepDream

While the general gist of you post was correct, the solstice is trash and afaik the NS-11C was spared from the 0.75 ADS adjustments.
  20. Ttariel

Well i guess Solstice comes down to taste then.
    And i didnt know NS-11C was spared, hm i guess it just doesnt work for me anymore haha.