VS "Beamer Storm" Needs Something More

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Quiiliitiila

I jumped on to PTS to check out the Beamer Storm, which is very far from done it seems, only to be both tantalized and dismayed at the same time.

Dismayed because the descriptor merely says it's going to be a burst fire, and while I've wanted a burst fire VS pistol for a long time, I didn't want it to take the place of the new ES pistol.

I was tantalized because of a number of things about the model of the gun itself and it's projectiles spoke of SO much more than an ordinary burst fire. To start the model shows two distinct places where a projectile would come out; the first being very similar to a normal beamer's barrel, and the second being some sort of larger barrel/projector/condenser whatnot located under the first barrel.

This is exciting, because it looks like the second larger "barrel" would be where a hypothetical "charged" shot would emanate, especially one that would deal AoE damage. Then, the actual projectiles themselves have little AoE explosions upon impact with a surface, which is cool as all get out.

Perhaps we're not quite just getting merely a burst fire… Perhaps SOE will indeed include a charged shot secondary fire mode as the always intended? I hope so, because if not… Well, I'll be disappointed in my heart of hearts :(

I don't have screens atm. If anyone does, feel free to throw them up. I'll try to get some a little later today if I can.

-Q
  2. Foxirus

I would love to take screen shots and make videos too, But the 64 client is still a broken failure.

And yeah, Thanks to ignorant people shooting the idea down before it had a chance, Its just reskinned burst fire beamer now.
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

It's not ignorant to say SOE isn't very good at designing decent charge weapons. Go use the phaseshift and tell me the weapon is decent and good.
  4. Foxirus

I use the phase shift ALL the time, Its the only sniper rifle I will use anymore. It is extremely good in my eyes.
    • Up x 1
  5. LIKE A BOSS!

Thanks again for proving it again. You are a minority. The spectre is better than the phaseshift. The xm98,v10, and parrallax are also better but more power to you. They all do what the phase shift does but better.
  6. Quiiliitiila

Yeah, for some reason I can't take screens in the test server. :(

Needless to say, the more I look at it, the more shocked I'll be if they truly only make it a burst fire, the thing was obviously made with something more in mind.

I hope I'm right. A burst fire with an alt charge AoE blast would be cool, as it stands on the test server there is still no burst fire mode and it's stats are worse than the beamers in every way.
  7. Foxirus

[IMG]
    ^Recoil^
    [IMG]^Firing^[IMG]^Reloading^[IMG]^Aiming Down Sight^[IMG]^Reloading^
  8. Foxirus

Those snipers also have bullet drop, The phaseshift does not. I can down targets a 299m with the phaseshift much easier than I can with any other sniper, I don't have to account for the bullet drop.
  9. LIKE A BOSS!

But you can't OHK. And the Spectre also has no drop with better damage and velocity. And also at the max range you OHK at with the phaseshift 200m the parrallax isn't even at the 1st millidot with higher velocity.
  10. Ztiller

You have less than 130 kills with the Phaseshift, and 5.5 hours usage time.

Sorry, but your opinion is hardly well reinforced by experience.
  11. Foxirus

Don't bother looking up this name, That account is an old one I stopped playing a while back. I play under a different name in game to stop trolls from trying to betray over opinions. Its happened in the past, Believe me. If you notice the name in the pictures I took above are blacked out, Its because I have no intentions on telling people my main. Trust me, I have far more than 5.5 hours and far more than 130 kills. Its my second most used weapon in the game.
  12. Nody

Lets add something unique for VS; VS = Science so make the gun deal hp damage only by bypassing shields. That's right people; VS Scientists found a way to put the bullets into hyperspace and bypass the outer shield of everyone. By doing this they can deal damage directly to health but due to the complicated mechanism added the bullet speed is decreased and take up more size in the clip reducing the number of bullets.

Voila; something unique for VS that's in line with lore. Give us an advantage in being able to kill low health people (inc. Heavies with shields up) easier but the gun got lower number of shots and slow velocity to keep it with in short range and gives us a weapon which simulates the rapid fire in terms of function but with a VS twist to it.
  13. Ohmlink

As far as I know when the idea for a charge pistol was introduced it was right when the lancer was release. As I also understood the explosive damage from the charged shot was added later, half of that ******** could have been from before that detail was added.

As it stands I would have liked to at least see the charge mechanic, but the Vanu hating the idea of a charge pistol isn't a new one.

Lancer is well off now after about 3 adjustments but I know most of the hate for charge comes from that experience.