VS and NC HUD Colors

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pingonaut, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Pingonaut

Does anyone else have problems distinguishing the icons (not the icons on the map) between VS and NC from far away? It's not a huge issue because if I look close I can tell, but it is a bit annoying how similar the colors look from far-medium range to me.

Does anyone else have this problem?
  2. ed_anger

there's been a lot of threads on terrible the UI color choices are, and asking for customizable color choices or a color-blind mode. don't think there's a real response yet.
  3. DeltaRise

I know it's not a real solution, but colorblind players should just play TR and kill anything that moves regardless of color :p
  4. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Although technically support has no power in changing the hud colors in the game, I will be more than happy to forward your suggestion to the appropriate department. Thank you guys!
  5. ed_anger

i'd link you to some of the better beta threads on making a more consistent UI, but i think they are gone.

my favorite suggestion was to have symbols as well as colors for each empire.

TR red square
    NC blue circle
    VR purple triangle

infantry would be the current hollow symbols, armor/air would be solid
  6. Pingonaut

My problem isn't really color-blindness (I don't think) I'd just prefer the VS colors to be their bright green rather than their purple. It'd be much more distinguishable.
  7. Pingonaut

Edit: Didn't mean to double-post.

I think it'd be nice just to be able to change the color for yourself, so if people don't have the problem they can keep it purple.