VS and biolabs...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gregfox89, Jul 27, 2013.

1. gregfox89

I don't know what it is about VS and biolabs... but we just turn into cowards with no coordination whatsoever. TR are amazing at holding and capturing biolabs. We never have that kind of organization. Nobody ever wants to rush. Everyone plays medic and cowers behind cover. People in prox chat say "come on, we need to rush them!" and nobody does anything. Then when we organize a MAX crash, we'll get 30% MAXes, 20% engineers, and 50% medics. Whatever, good enough, we say. We try to get people to wait before they rush in, but instead of rushing in all at once we just trickle through the teleporter, instantly spread out, and end up cowering behind cover again. Almost every MAX rush we try fails. Meanwhile, when the TR does the same tactic, they have a wall of MAXes with engies constantly reparing them, and heavies with chainguns filling the gaps. All the NC need is 4 or 5 scatter MAXes with some engineers and jackhammer heavies in the doorways of the generator room to hold off multiple VS platoons.

I don't know what it is, but it's like some kind of bystander effect. You think "I'll rush if the person next to me does" and then they don't, so you stay behind cover too. If I rush in, I'll maybe kill 3 people at most before being torn to shreds, and the people I killed will all get revived right away. Rushes work great if you're coordinated and push all at once, but nobody ever wants to try. Everyone just wants to play medic and farm certs from safety. I've been at biolabs where VS has 60% pop and TR are holding all the points, it's just sad. I think it's all the VS overpop on Mattherson that's made us so soft. Nobody knows what to do if the fight isn't totally in our favor.
  2. Malacovics

Grass is greener effect at action.
    • Up x 1
  3. pnkdth

Exactly. Bio labs, or any kind of mega stalemate cluster****, people go full derp. Too many factors in these kind of battles tend to leave some players at a loss on what to do, and in many cases they end up doing nothing or playing it safe. The times when things seem to work smoothly are often the times where you have an outfit attacking the Bio lab.
  4. gregfox89

Yeah, probably
    I guess it's because most other bases you can predict the outcome based on population, but in a biolab you never know what the hell is going to happen.
    I still wish people would just grow some balls and get more coordinated, that's all.
    [IMG]
  5. Bastid721

kinda hard for the female population.