VS AI Max Setups

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Locrian, May 22, 2015.

1. Locrian

Just wondering what AI setups you VS folk prefer on your MAXes, particularly what guns you like the best. Cheers.
  2. Leivve

I use the same mentality as I do with my TR max. Long range gun, and large magazine. let's you shoot for like 20 seconds non stop.
  3. Locrian

Which guns do you use?
  4. Leivve

Mutilator + Mercy. Their VS equivalent are the Cosmos and Blueshift respectively.

Unfortunately there is no combination on the NC max that'll give you a similar result.
  5. Activemoocheese

dual blushifts are my preferred load out for my vs max in nearly all situations.
    i run them with charge and nanite auto repair .
    • Up x 2
  6. Mongychops

Generally the two favourites are Nebulas for playing like a NC shotgun MAX (charging into close range or corner camping), or Blueshifts for everything else (effective out to medium-long range, can aim for head-shots at shorter ranges).

They both benefit heavily from extended mags (due to their low damage / magazine) to the point where I would say ext mags is mandatory on both those weapons.

Charge is by far the best ability, both used aggresively and defensively

Suit slot is completely situational, all have their merits depending on the situation. With Kinetic being good for firefights and smaller scale combat (especially if you are getting repairs), Flak being good for grenade/ vehicle spam 96+ zergfests, and NAR being good for solo MAX players ruining small fights (and to swap to while waiting for repairs in a spawn room)

Implant slot varies, my two favourite are EOD HUD IV (for spotting traps around corners) and Enhanced Targetting (for knowing whether you can take on that other MAX), though some people like Awareness.
  7. Locrian

Cool - thanks for the tips!
  8. Liewec123

suit slot i just can't turn away from self repair rank 5,
    i keep using ZoE for some stupid reason, though charge is so much better

for long range i like an odd mix of comet and blueshift, but 2x blueshift is the practical way to go
  9. Colinljx

Never use mixed arms like those posters suggested, they don't know what they are talking about or don't really play VS. Use double Blueshift if u have decent aiming for medium range shootout, or dual Nebula for close range (similar to shotgun but worse). When u get more experienced, try dual-comets so you can have a fighting chance against NC shotgun max and vehicles without changing your loadout.