[VS] 152nd Spaceborne [Helios, US West]

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by KodanBlack, Dec 5, 2012.

1. KodanBlack

152nd Spaceborne

We are a brand new VS outfit on the Helios server created by two guys who simply love to play PS2 and wish to expand our friend base in the game. Both of us are new to PS2, but not to FPS games. We are extremely new player friendly and welcome you to our band of brothers and sisters!

Goals: the 152nd Spaceborne is not interested, or impressed by KD counts. We are a tactical outfit that focuses on taking and holding objectives. To this end, we intend to make heavy use of light assault loadouts supported by other classes, coordinated drop pod assaults and Galaxy aircraft insertions in order to attack objectives from undefended areas.

Specialization: as our name suggests, we are an outfit that works mainly in aerospace assault. We're continually trying to improve in light assault tactics, coordinated drop pod assaults, and Galaxy assaults.

SOP: the 152nd follows a rank structure within the outfit. Advancement is not based upon KD or experience level, but on tactical decision making and the ability to get the job done. The Force Commander of the outfit will give a "commander's intent" to the platoon and/or squad leaders. Each leader will then be responsible for carrying out their portion of the mission how they see fit.

Typical Squad Structure: (12 member squad) 4-6 light assault, 2-4 heavy assault/infiltrators, 1+ engineer, 1+ medic. All classes are to give support to the main effort, which will be the light assault section, so they can get to the objectives.

Future Goals: to get enough members to successfully pull off large scale aerospace assaults and to simply have fun and relax with friends playing a game we love.
  2. duh374

Im interested. My character's name is kynareth, I prefer medic or engineer, and Im pretty bad at flying. I do enjoy galaxy airdrop assaults
  3. KodanBlack

Great! As soon as the Helios server is back up and running, I'll getcha added to the outfit.
    WELCOME ABOARD!
  4. Hman105

I'd like to join. My character's name is Hman105 and I like to play as a heavy assault or an infiltrator. I'm fairly good at flying the scythe, but I'm horrible with the other ships. I think I'd be a good addition to this outfit!
  5. Sevni

I'd also like to join this outfit. In game name is Castitalus, mainly play a medic with some infiltrator on the side.
  6. Mercadion

Id like to join also. I usually play heavy or engineer, and will drive anything with wheels. In game name is also mercadion
  7. Fh2Hi

I'd like to apply, have some experience in another clan.

I run as a LA all the time with some specialization in the Lib, but focusing all of my spec into LA for the moment, don't play anything else.

Edit: My IGN is Fh2HiGuy
  8. M4CGYV3R

I'd love to join you guys. Same name in-game, love to pilot the Galaxy and Lib, pretty good at Light Infantry too.

-Mac
  9. Bjorn501

When does this outfit usually play?
  10. Bjorn501

I'd probably like to play. IGN is AlTezer, I run as engineer or LA, but have not been playing for long. Drive land vehicles pretty good, reasonably good at gunning for air, cannot fly very well.
  11. Wakamatsu

Character Name: Wakamatsu
    Guilds: None
    Previous Experience: CS beta 7-CS:GO, Planetside 1, Quake 3, UT2K3-2K4
    Looking to join a decent group of organized people to play with. Will be getting a joystick soon and upgrading an aircraft if needed.
  12. KodanBlack

We're glad to have all of you, and I hope everyone is excited to be involved with the formation of a new outfit!

I'll be sending out the invites tonight, when I log on. I'm doing my best to get the outfit organized and up to speed, but we're new and will have some growing pains, I'm sure. However, we have a good core group of players who can be competitive, but also realize this is a game. Our main goal is to have fun, learn the game and build an outfit that will have a good reputation on the server for being fun and competent.

I'm on almost every evening from about 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm (US central time).

I'm setting up a blog, so that we can put out news on events, updates to outfit doctrines (SOP's) and the like.
    In that, I'm working on a graphic for our outfit that incorporates our aerosapce assault concept. Any help would be awesome!
  13. ShadowSkulkerer

I don't know what class I like most yet. New to PS2 with some FPS experience. (And I'm talking single player campaigns mostly and small time console competitive. Nothing this big.) This game seems overwhelming but looks to be immense fun and I've even figured out how to be a minor help in some situations... I hope. I would love to be a part of this outfit if y'all don't mind someone who isn't gonna donate in time or activity heavily. I would just occasionally hang around y'alls site or section on these forums or what have you and play when I have the time. Hoping to get a good load of advice, learn more about the game and hopefully be a small benefit to y'all.

EDIT: Shows how new I am to the game and competitive scene. Although it may more show general lack of attention. I might should have checked that y'all were Vanu before I dropped this. I wasn't even thinking outfits were faction specific for the most part. So if I create a Vanu I'll check back. Thanks.
  14. KodanBlack

Ladies and Gents! We have a new blog that I hope to use to coordinate our efforts, post events, thoughts and establish some SOP's. Feel free to leave comments to posts that you read. I promise you that I will read them. I intend this to be OUR outfit, not my outfit, other than to say that I am a member!

http://152nd.************
  15. Nurgling

I am definitely interested. I mainly play light assault. I would fall into the "mature" gamer (as if those 2 words really go together) category, or more likely old gamer. My in game name is Drachenfellz.
  16. ProjectRay12

I'd love to join the outfit! I primarily play Infiltrator or Light Assault, though I tend to adapt to the situation as needed. IGN is ProjectRay12. I am a pretty good gunner or flyer, but not both at the same time, and I prefer travelling on foot or with a flash.
  17. KodanBlack

Thank you for your interest, ProjectRay12 and Drachenfellz!
    Drachenfellz has already been added to the outfit, and I'll add ProjectRay12 as soon as we see each other on. :)

We're growing by leaps and bounds!
  18. ProjectRay12

Eheh, change of plans, I was invited to an outfit by a friend, but if it doesn't work out I'd love to join! Again, very sorry,

~Ray
  19. KodanBlack

No need to be sorry, Ray! The idea is to play with people who you get along and have fun with. Good luck and I hope to fight beside you on the battlefield.
  20. Sattooine

I'm interested. I play any class that meets the current situation (and have upgraded them all at least a bit) So don't mind telling me to change out classes at a moments notice, I'll be more than happy. I also am a fairly good pilot with all the aircraft, and have each one fairly well armed.

Planetside 2 name; SattooineVS

Thanks for the opportunity to play alongside Vanu's finest :)