[Suggestion] VR Training Teams

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasonSTL, Mar 7, 2014.

1. MasonSTL

This idea of mine was brought up after watching STLYoungBlood's video about player progression and they talked a bit about how to help new players progress their skill utilizing the VR training room. I decided to make a new thread about my idea as it is a bit off the main topic of their video. I had posted this idea in another thread that was quickly buried and I wanted to see direct responses to my idea. (maybe a bit conceded ;))

The idea is to allow players to set up teams in the VR to help the effectiveness of training and practicing. As it is now the VR, although a great addition to the game, is a bit lacking in helping players train and test. Being able to set up a teams exactly like setting up squads, but only in the VR with a few changes and additions that set them apart, to make it easy for people to recognize the process.
    • Only 6 members to a team
    • Only 2 teams per skirmish
    • Blue/Red lumifiber suits to differentiate teams
      • Only these team members can 'die' to one another in the VR
    • Squad beacons for team captains
    To deter from players only fighting in the VR:
    • Keep the teams small and limited
    • No rewards
    • No long term stat tracking
      • temporary skirmish stats should be there to help in practicing
    • Do not allow open recruitment (on the fence with this one)
    • No cross faction fighting
    The idea is to give the players some tools to do skirmishes with out setting defined, game driven rules to make it too competitive. And be a good place for new players learn the basics of the game with out being in the main fight.
    • Up x 1
  2. XXBLACKATTACKXX

I would love for SOE to put some training options for the VR. That way outfits can have mini battles and practice different strategies and tactics that can be used in the real battle.
  3. BengalTiger

Why only 6 vs 6?
  4. MasonSTL

I was thinking that if too many people can be on a team it might give players more satisfaction to fight in the VR other than in the rest of the world. One thing to keep in mind is that if the VR is too fun it would be the place that people would want to go rather than the continents. Give them too big and competitive of a fight in VR we might be seeing a queue for the VR.
    • Up x 1
  5. MasonSTL

Bumpy road ahead!
  6. PlatoonLeaderG

Great idea,and yeah most people dont even care about stats.It will surely help the low BR players get a feel of the game!
  7. AzureKnight

I made a suggestion a few weeks back to at the very least upgrade the training dummies so they at least had shields. In reality I'd like them to have a little more meat on them so you can simulate actually shooting a person in game.

These training skirmishes would be nice for actual combat experience, but my big problem is you'd need to limit how many occur at the same time.

The VR room does need some work for sure so that when you go there, the guns you test don't seem super powerful because they're taking out shieldless, stationary targets.
  8. MasonSTL

That's a good point, too many might turn out to be a cluster ****