VR idea

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RMWasp, Nov 28, 2015.

1. RMWasp

Ok, perhaps this is in the wrong forum section but I'm not a member of the Planesite community for a long time, maybe just over a year or so, and I don't know whether this was ever addressed. If it has been, I apologize and ignore this thread.

Anyway, general idea is that you should have an option inside VR whether you want to fight or just train. So for an example I turn on my fight mode and now i can take damage, die and so on. This would not effect any of your normal stats, it would be erased the moment you exit the VR. This would allow your friend and you to turn on Fight mode, and battle inside VR with any weapon of choice, or perhaps ESF. You could turn it off at any moment and continue with training.

IMO problem with learning how to fly an ESF is that when you jump in your ESF you immediately get shot down by an Ace pilot BR100, and you don't have a chance of getting better. There's no challenge inside the VR itself, and you can't learn anything outside because you don't get a chance to. So this would allow to test and practice your skills in a controlled enviroment, have some challenge, fly with maxed out esf against some random dude or your friend. Furthermore I think this will result in random people sending you personal messages ''do you wanna duel with me, i would like to try this weapon.'' or ''let's dogfight'', and you could practice dogfighting with a player of your level. Also you could test the gun on a moving target, practice your aim, etc. I assume this is a very complicated concept to achive but I think it would be amazing for the game.
    • Up x 3
  2. Pikachu

Been suggested for ages.
    • Up x 1
  3. Moridin6

i think they know wed spend too much time in there fighting with friends lol
  4. TheFlamingLemon

Take a friend and go to the public test server
  5. Liewec123

one other thing about VR that has been asked for quite a bit is to add moving targets,
    it would be a massive improvement,
    you can't get a feel for any weapon when its against a still enemy
    • Up x 1