[Vortex]What's the point of having a charge up weapon that deals less damage if you charge it up?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ztiller, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Fumblewatt

I would prefer the latter, increased skill cap on the guns would only benefit the game and create a new meta, the guns in this game got different designers, one caters to cod and one caters to .. planetside 1?
  2. Oneth

The Vortex has no useful role. You cant ADS as a max so its not anymore accurate as a comet. It does less damage than a comet, TTK is faster on the comet, you CAN kill infantry with a comet, and you can hide and shoot with a comet just as well as with a Vortex. Once you learn to lead with the comet, it has no downside to the vortex imo. I understand SoE being afraid to make the vortex OP as that could happen potentially, but it is soooooooooo much worse than ravens and fractures but who cares, I have my ZoE comet MAX and max certed out. ;-)
  3. Jkar

The Vortex is plain better on moving targets past 100 meters because of projectile velocity alone and I challenge you to hit things reliably at 200+ meters with Comets. Use the right tool for the right situation. Comets in close to mid range, Vortex at mid to long range. The Vortex also makes a decent travel weapon because you can fend of armor and to some extend air with them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dragonblood

Uuuhm, you can charge the weapon....leave cover->shoot-> go back to cover
  5. TeknoBug

I have 2K certs to blow and I haven't even thought about it.
  6. Ztiller

I was thinking about it, but decided for the ZOE rank 5 instead. Totally worth it. I just soloed a TR MAX with 2 Engineers repairing him. They tried to take cover behind him, but i just circlerd around, and the extra damage allowed me to kill him in seconds.
  7. Dragonblood

• Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

he's trolling
  9. Ztiller

Umm...I know that people on these forums have an obsession of calling everyone trolls, but what about my post is trolling exactly?
  10. Ronin Oni

The extra damage you got, he's also got against you.

Engie repairs should have countered any missed shots from your faster movement.

That MAX was just a BAD player. ZOE had nuthin to do with it...

if your story is even real.
  11. Dragonblood

4 Options:

- You troll
    - 3 really bad TR players
    - ZOE OP
    - Lockdown sucks at CQC
  12. Jkar

Option 5:
    He killed the engineers first and then went in close, running circles around the TR MAX while doing headshots and the TR not able to keep up with close range circle strafing.
  13. Ztiller

You evidently don't even knowswhat "trolling" means, which would explain your misuse of the word.

Precisely. Not to mention that the TR MAX was obviously alread wounded because it was being repaired when i rounded the corner. I didn't really have to run in circles though, he went down too fast.
  14. Kiddneey

I do use the Vortex, but only when I am attacking something outside the maximum effective range of the Comet. All it does is tickle the enemy, really, including 3-stage charge up.
  15. Sirge

Save your certs VS Max Vortex useless...

I was all excited about the new charge up weapons till I went into the test server and tried it out. I tried all the Max's new toys and VS Vortex is sad compared to what the NC and TR got. TR get a simi-auto grenade launcher with splash damage. Target enabled rockets like the Engineer Anti-Vehicle turrets for the NC. VS weapon has to charge in order to get the same damage that these thing get from the get go. Really? Wow might be worth charging them up if they actually did any damage. Quick fix would be to allow us to use every charge at once or at least ½ the clip to charge up. Sometimes the changes that SoE make no sense at all. We also get another wonderful light up the sky particle effect that shows everyone in 1000 yards right where we are shooting from. Always love the big exhaust streamers the VS get telling everyone where to shoot at us. We should get extra damage for that alone. Save your certs till they make changes to this weapon.
  16. MykeMichail

Why charge up? To take away that big chunk of HP before the enemy can react. Simple as that.
  17. Boroming

charge only when you take cover, or when your target is over 100m away. level 3 charge is very good against air too
  18. Rithlar

The damage numbers on the in game weapon stats is really unreliable. All weapons do different damage to different vehicles and infantry. A good example is the decimator can one shot an ESF well the nemesis showing only 500 damage less takes 2 to burn and 3 to destroy.
  19. MasterTater

Well I guess that is what you get when you let idiots make important decisions - or let biased suckers balance gear which favor everything but VS
  20. JonboyX

Spike damage? Bit like the NC hitting hard but doing less d-o-t?
    Sorry... Not a good mechanic you say? ;)