Vortex getting nerfed ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightmareP69, Dec 7, 2013.

1. NightmareP69

Is this true or false ? The weapon gets barely used to begin with, does no damage to infantry and is average at best against vehicles.
  2. gigastar

Well, how about you begin with what it was you heard?
  3. Crayv

Well after the planned nerf to the AI abilities to the other AV weapons they will all be just as good at AI.... which is to say terrible. They are however the best long range MAX AV weapon as all the other don't have a projectile velocity that even compares to it.

MAX AV in general is hardly used with the exception of the Fractures and that is more due to its versatility than actual AV capabilities.
  4. Chipay

5. GhostAvatar

I would say this is the same thing as they did to the Vulcan. Increase the damage, but change the damage resist types so it does the same damage against AV, but increases its damage against AI. Probably also decreases damage done against air, because we all know how they like to cry about things that damage them.
  6. NightmareP69

Oh well just another reason to not get the vortex *sigh* the closer this "balanace" update is getting the more i wanna stay away from Planetside 2 and just spend my time playing single player games while waiting for Titanfall.
  7. Paperlamp

The Vortex is crap vs. infantry but actually really good vs. armor, problem is just that few people have them since comets are also good against infantry and they're way cheaper to get a pair of. A vortex MAX w/ZOE popped is pretty ridiculous damage for how accurate and long range it is.
  8. treeHamster

ZOE doesn't do anything to the Vortex's except make the tracer beams a LOT bigger (and therefore more noticeable). It doesn't improve the damage at all.
  9. Paperlamp

I suppose they're popping it to be harder to hit while strafing then.
  10. CrashB111

Care to point out to me where it says "increases all damage but the Vortex by 30%". Because I know it turns the Comets into **** disco balls.
  11. treeHamster

Go test them in the VR. ZOE doesn't change the TTK of the Vortex. With Comets, it gives them a good boost but the Vortex isn't affected by ZOE other than making the tracers a LOT bigger.