[Suggestion] Vortex changes

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Krinsee, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Krinsee

Seeing as the vortex was designed for long range engagements they lack a few options or capabilities to make them perform well.

1: ZOOM. It doesn't help that I can hit accuratly if I can't see it. Give the ability to zoom (I mean don't we have a tertiary weapon keybind afterall?) something at say 1.5x would work for extreme range, maybe when your charging for say .5 seconds it starts to zoom, reaching max zoom .5 seconds before full charge.

2: Damage drop off for range is a bit much. and if your ever insane enough to use ZOE with it even worse.

For a long range weapon having such a huge damage drop off.. 167 (no charge) down to aropx 50% at 300-350m seems a bit much. I would say extending the drop off range to not be so steep, say start the dropp off at 250m but don't reach full damage reduction until 500.

EG 0- 250m 167 damage, 300m 150 damage, 350m 133 damage, 400m 117 damage, 450m 100 damage 500m+ 83 damage

Now these numbers are from the in game states and estimates, not hard numbers. But it looks like as is currnt they start at 167 and between 300 and 350m drops to 83 damage.

This would give the weapons a more balanced drop off without altering close in damage to vehicles or infantry.
    Damage reduction would still be there and the same for extreme vehicles, and would start a bit sooner but with a more drawn out reduction like a beam weapon should. not just a sudden loss of power at 1/3 of it's capable range.

TL:DR

1: Zoom functionality for targets. possibly during charge function.
    2: change damage drop off to start sooner but over longer distance.
    • Up x 1
  2. patoman

Going with it all max weapons should be able to zoom in, and be paired, so when buying a gun you get two instead of one. And you fire both guns (efectivly one gun) with just the left mouse button.

Not saying everything should be infinitely accurate at long ranges, but just being able to see far out, have a spread that increases with range.

Though the vortex inspite of limitaitons is still the best long range max gun asides from mabey the NC rocket one. I am a frequent user of it, and would allways 'like' buffs but truefully would unbalance game for vanu suits.

If you have used fractures (I have) you will know how much better the laser is in poping tanks.
    • Up x 1