Volume levels for individual chat channels reset after logging out

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ravenwolf Foxtrack, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

As it says above. This issue has been consistent for months now and does not go away. Every time I log in, I have to re-adjust the volume levels for the chat channels: general, squad, outfit, and items. For some reason, platoon channel's level has stayed the same since this first started. I don't know what to do to make it stay between logs. Is there a .ini file I need to set to read only or unmark as read only? Any advice or solution would be most welcome.
  2. FunkFest

There is a useroptions.ini in the Planetside 2 directory. It might be set to read only, but it is odd if it is and you didn't set it.
  3. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

it isn't set to read only, but while looking in the file, I did find this:
    [Voice]
    ReceiveVolume=44.000000
    MicrophoneVolume=50.000000
    Enable=1
    Ducking=0.500000
    OutfitVolume=50.000000
    SquadVolume=50.000000
    ProximityVolume=50.000000

Notice how Platoon volume isn't included in the list.
  4. FunkFest

Odd if it isn't set to read only. Not sure why the game isn't writing/reading the settings correctly

There is also a section lower in the file that has other Volume settings, but I am not sure which one pertains to Platoon due to naming.
    Code:
    [VoiceChat]
    EchoEnabled=1
    EchoVolume=0.500000
    ProximityEnabled=1
    ProximityVolume=0.500000
    FactionEnabled=1
    FactionVolume=0.500000
    GroupEnabled=1
    GroupVolume=0.500000
    GroupLeaderEnabled=1
    GroupLeaderVolume=0.500000
    RaidEnabled=1
    RaidVolume=0.500000
    GuildEnabled=1
    GuildVolume=0.500000
    CustomEnabled=1
    CustomVolume=0.500000
  5. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

I adjusted the settings I had to 85.0, and they appeared as that in game. But it still doesn't explain platoon not being on the list.
  6. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

So I adjusted the
    OutfitVolume=50.000000
    SquadVolume=50.000000
    ProximityVolume=50.000000

to 85.0 and while in game, set the platoon volume to the same levels. Rebooted the game, and all levels stayed the same. I tried deleting the three lines above to see what would happen. they went back to 50.0 while platoon stayed where I had left it. After closing out, I found the lines were back and at 50.0. So i reset them at 85.0 and saved, logged back in, and they are back up to the same level as platoon.

So question is, how come it isn't saving the in-game changes?
  7. FunkFest

Would be nice to know.

I am noticing that the game isn't reading the graphic settings correctly. I have everything set to Overall Quality=Very Low and Render Quality=100%(via in-game and editing UserOptions.ini).

Even though I have, ALL players/vehicles and some static objects in the maps are being rendered at High or Ultra settings. Some particles and effects are on High or Ultra while most are better than low. Everything else looks like Low Quality.

Not sure what happened in the update that has the game acting so weird.
  8. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

*Bump* because I'm still having this issue with adjustments not saving after log out.
  9. Lord_Mogul

I noticed on every login my microphone volume is back to 50. It's more an annoyance than a real problem, but eben the small issues could be fixed.
  10. Nahwel

I'm having this same issue. It's been going on for several weeks now. Were you able to fix it?