Voice Packs, Sound Ridiculous

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, May 9, 2014.

1. Quiiliitiila

Just a quick observation about the new voice packs… They sound awful.

My main beef with them is that they really don't follow the pre-defined faction specific tones and emotions. From my viewpoint as a Vanu player; I'm used to cold, emotionless and flat affect voices from my fellow zealots. When fighting against the New Conglomerate I'm used to gruff, unorganized and unprofessional voices coming at me. When fighting the Terran Republic I expect to hear professional, military sounding voices.

Now, with the advent of these voice packs (which seemingly are in no way faction specific) I'm hearing hillbilly mountain men VS running around sounding ridiculous. I'm hearing "gruff" super deep voices coming from TR that sound wholly un-professional let alone realistic.

All I ask is that any voice packs in the future be made with the predefined faction emotions/voices in mind.

-Quiiliitiila
    • Up x 5
  2. Latrodectus

I want this voice pack for the Vanu:

• Up x 3
  3. Paragon Exile

I like knowing that even ice road truckers can join the Vanu. We're very inclusive.
    • Up x 1
  4. z1967

I don't know about my fellow oppressors TR but the Stalwart pack sounds pretty nice. Like you actually know what you are doing even when you have no idea why you are making a stack of tank mines.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ravenorth

None of the new VS voices just doesnt fit them, I would really like to see something similar to Lucien Lechance from Oblivion.

• Up x 3
  6. Bankrotas

Says a guy from faction with best sounding basic voicepack in the game...
  7. Phyr

Roughneck makes me lol, totally worth the sale price.
    • Up x 1
  8. BoomBoom4You

I have a voicepack on my NC and it sounds like a drunken middle-aged man that hasn't shaved in 2 weeks. Pretty happy with it, $5 well spent. That's not sarcasm, I actually get a kick out of it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tentakewls

FTFY

Also, since everyone on the NC is a redneck, everytime I hear a female NC child soldier scream "I think I broke it", something insides me dies.
    • Up x 2
  10. KnightCole

Where do we go to see what they sound like? I know we can click em and hear heavy spotted and medic call...but the rest? where lol.
  11. KnightCole

No, its you dying........all my EM6 rounds didnt do your heart, lungs, brain, spleen or spine any good...
  12. Ronin Oni

PTS you can buy them for 1 cert point
    • Up x 1
  13. TTex11

Got the grizzled voicepack on my NC. Quite happy with it. I love how he sounds tired and old when he thanks people.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ronin Oni

NC yeah, it had a decent voice pack.

VS all the voice packs are absolutely terrible. Can't believe anyone would buy them. Hoping the next one is better for VS
  15. eldarfalcongravtank

hm i dont really care. i am only glad i could finally get rid of the default vanu pedophile voice...

then again, i'd love it if they finally introduced a distorted radio filter for vehicle drivers and a robot-like reverb voice for Max units :(
  16. KnightCole

I kinda only like the Stalwart one on my NC.
  17. KnightCole

Yeah, really. Like we were talking through our intercom instead of across the table as if were at dinner...
  18. TheShrapnelKing

The Vanu ones don't work, I agree.

Did that Russian voicepack for the TR ever get put into the game? It really should.

The NC sound fine to me, though I'll only take the gruff old man one seriously if the player using it is high battlerank.
  19. Iridar51

I like the default voices too much. "Cease fire, I fight for Vanu" is my recent favorite. I can hear the cold emotionless-ness fighting with despair and fear for own life, and the fact that I can make out this shift in emotions gives me a raging boner :oops:

I literally watched Ragnarok the anime two times because I like the accent of one of the characters. Better don't mess with me.
  20. ShinBreaker

Vanu needs more deep sexy voices.