Voice chat - undecipherable jabber

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Icemanthemyope2, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Icemanthemyope2

My voice chat sometimes works fine, other times, out of the blue, it becomes undecipherable jabber. Problem is that the system doesn't tell me. Some players are nice and tell me, so I reset things and it is fine again. Others ignore my attempts to communicate or even become hostile.

There is no problem with the mic, it works just fine with other programs. Is this a problem with my internet connection? Or the PS2 software? I don't mind resetting in the voice options but is there any way the software can give me a heads up it is not working? There is nothing more frustrating than you think are you communicating with others but nobody hears you. And to the guy (Waterson, VS, Brokebullets) who dropped me out of the galaxy yesterday because he thought my proximity voice is on purpose like that, all I asked was if I can join the squad. Thank you very much.
    • Up x 1
  2. jbkappirossi

Finally some other people that are starting to recognize this. It's nothing to do with your end, but with SOEs coding. This problem exists for half a year now (don't know exactly when). Yes, that means that it hasn't been there Always. I've been playing this game from the novemeber 2012 and the first months this never happened.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liberty-or-Death

I think i have the same problem.
    only i can tell when nobody can understand me because evryone in chat souinds the same to me. and i don´t understand anything. It´s like evrybody echoes so much!
    That´s anoying the most if u are trying to follow your platoon leaders orders or try to lead a squad...
  4. Icemanthemyope2

It switched microphones and don't have the issue anymore. I used to have one of those Logitech camera/microphone combo's that gave me the trouble.
  5. BlackDove

Half the time, it's all I hear in my squad, from people with mics that work fine in other programs.