Voice chat borked?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by sosolidshoe, Nov 21, 2012.

1. sosolidshoe

Before anyone asks; yes my PC meets the minimum requirements, yes my headset is plugged in, yes I have enabled voice chat ingame, and yes, I have tried turning it off and on again :p

So, voice chat doesn't work for me. At all. The game is picking up the mic fine, the mic test utility works, but pressing the buttons assigned to the various chats has no effect; neither the defaults, nor the binds I make myself.

Is this a general launch issue right now, or am I just extra lucky?
  2. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Hm, not sure. I will have to look into this for you. In the meantime, please make sure your audio drivers are up to date.
  3. Lord Gentlecrab

On a related note, wheres the push to talk option? I can't seem to find it.

nice sig OP lol
  4. DeviantOne

I'm having the exact same issue here, pressing voice keys doesn't show my name talking on the bottom of the screen either and i also can't hear anyone talking...was working fine yesterday.
  5. Zazwon

Same problem here, i am a outfit leader so this is a severe issue.
  6. RiddleofSteel

Chat server seems down for Connery.
  7. Zazwon

that might explain it, my outfits on connery
  8. BreakfastClub

Where can you check that at? That might explain why i can't talk. I'm having the same issue, and I was having it last night aswell. Wasn't the only one.
  9. sosolidshoe

My drivers are always up to date, and for the record I attempted to get voice working using both my motherboard's onboard RealtekHD audio, and my ASUS Xonar DS sound card; neither worked, yet they both worked fine during beta.

As for the server, sorry chaps that isn't it, I'm on EU-Miller, so it's a general issue.
  10. Zorkmid

Same issue here. In game mic tester works.

Seen other threads like this also.

Has worked fine up until today.
  11. Overon

I am having the same problem. Can't hear squad, general, outfit voice chat in other words any other voice chat. I have all voice chat enabled. When I press the z default and numpad 9 and numpad 4 people say they hear me but I don't see the indication that I am transmitting in the bottom left corner like I'm used to seeing since the beta. It worked fine on launch day.

The ingame mic test works and I can playback what I said.

I ran a validate files in the game launcher and the problem continues. I have toggled voice chat on and off and logged off and logged back into the Jaeger server and problem persists. Maybe it's some beta files causing a conflict that were not removed by the uninstaller? Pure speculation on my part.
  12. Society

Same issue here. I press the button, nothing happens. Nobody else is talking either.
  13. Snoop Maori

Same problem here, Genudine server, was working before I logged out today, signed back in hour or so later, and the voice stopped, can't hear, can't send. Ingame recorder works (is that my voice..., lol). Tryed all the above, and still a no go!
  14. RedRascal

We also have the same issue with voice chat not working. Playing on the server Briggs.

All drivers are updated.
  15. tgf63

It was the same on Waterson all night tonight
  16. Grimtou

ditto for waterson
  17. RedRascal

I think so many people on Briggs are just happy to be playing the havent had a chance to comment about the voicechat not working.
  18. Floydii

Voice chat is borked on Briggs as well. I don't know how it is handled (separate servers) but I suspect there is some kind of issue with the software or servers in general given how it has worked.. then not worked.. then worked again.
  19. Archlyte

No voice. No region chat = no comms
  20. Fuel Truck

It's not anyone's PC causing the problem. The Voice chat hasn't been working at random periods since launch for everyone in my outfit. You can't see a notification saying anyone is talking either