VLD Causing stuttering....maybe?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RainbowDash9, Aug 18, 2015.

1. RainbowDash9

So i was doing my routine F-ing around with files in the planetside 2 directory and i noticed something different; VLD. so naturally being the curious mofo i am i decided to open up the configuration file directly beneath it. Visual Leak Detector its called. im like "oooookkkkkk...." and read through all the crap there.

blah blah blah long story short i turned it off, and now for whatever reason i dont have the random hitching anymore. idk why that is, but aside from the after spawn hitch, everything else is buttery smooth. it also seemed to fix the super jittery first person player model issue i had to. very strange thing to fix it, but none the less it did. i can finally play on ultra again :3
  2. user101

Something else to slow the game down and find the problems... good job finding this. I assume they will put more bug detection in soon and slow down PS2 even more than it is now. This should have been in PST not live. Next will have RLD Ram Leak Detector...? and DLD DirectX Leak Detector in the game also.

What we really need is DEVLD Dev Leak Detector..... god help us with the new launcher coming out... this week
  3. RainbowDash9

Also to note, everytime you open the launcher, it "replaces" the file, so you have to change it to off everytime.