[Suggestion] Visual Effect for Flashed/Concussed People

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Sep 28, 2014.

1. -Synapse-

There's been quite a few times when I've thrown a concussion/flash grenade only to get mowed down by the people who weren't affected by it. That's all well and good, but it would be nice if there was some visual indicator for people caught in the grenade's blast -- maybe they could stagger a bit from a flash or look woozy from a concussion grenade, or something along those lines. That way you could pick and choose who to target and who to avoid.
  2. Hatesphere

if you see a little icon of a broken shield pop up when you throw your conc, I'm pretty sure that means someone in the room resisted it.
  3. KenDelta

Believe it or not some people actually pickup anti-conc/flash and even anti-emp implants.
    I believe a small shield icon appears on your HUD.
  4. -Synapse-

I know that, but it's not a very specific indicator. All that lets me know is that at least one person has gone unaffected, not who actually got hit or even who resisted it. If you toss a flash into a doorway, then move in once it goes off there's absolutely no way of knowing who's got a white screen and who's got their sights on your head. If there was some way to distinguish the affected people from the others you could prioritize your targets.
  5. Hatesphere

why should you get to know who in that room has the implant on? are you saying you want an MMO style dizzy animation playing above peoples heads if they get conced/flashed? I dont really think that fits the game well.
  6. -Synapse-

It's not so much about the implant users, admittedly I didn't actually think about that at first. All I wanted was some way to know who was concussed or flashed after I used the respective grenade. Visual feedback is important for anything and everything, and currently those grenades have little to no way of telling what you've actually done.

To put it a different way; when you shoot someone, they fall over. When you spot someone, a dorito appears above their head. When heal someone, some green stuff floats around them. When you use a stun grenade on someone. . . nothing. I'm not asking for stars to swirl around people's heads, just something noticeable. Like I said in the OP, their basic movement could use a slightly modified animation, one to indicate that the person is slightly off-balance. Or if that's too much work just a change in their base posture, nothing flashy or cartoony, just some feedback for something that currently has none.
  7. miraculousmouse

Well what I do is peek into the room (I mainly use concs to deter a MAX and/or group of infantry chasing after me) and see who is pushing through invisible cement and who almost immediately reacts to my presence. Then I'll kill them first and try to kill everyone else.
  8. nightbird

The indicator is pretty much whether they are looking at you when you charge in. If their eyes can't follow you, they're affected.
  9. FateJH

10. eldarfalcongravtank

often times, when i am concussed but am still aiming at the entrance where the conc grenade was likely tossed from, i can still kill the dude that rushes into the room even though i can hardly move

concs work best when flanking enemies from a completely different angle since the victims cant adjust their aim. maybe that's why you're unsuccessful with concs
  11. uhlan

Throw your conc in one door and charge from another direction, throw another grenade, drop c4, fire a rocket...

Charging right into the group will get you killed since many folks will still have enough control to target you. I've killed many folks with a shotgun like that.