Vipor Unit. - A new type of outfit!

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Cdog, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Cdog

Has anyone else started to feel like the Zerg lacks finesse?

Does anyone else prefer the idea of playing as part of a 4 man fire squad dropped deep behind enemy lines?

For years the British SAS or America's Delta Force have been using small but elite units behind enemy lines with great success. These military outfits are the best in the world at what they do, although you rarely hear of their exploits.

So anyway, I've been in planetside 2 now since Beta and it's safe to say I'm hooked. I've played with the larger outfits like Consortium, which was great. (Big shout out to Consortium, great bunch).

Anyway's so what I'm hoping to do is put a small outfit together of like minded players who would like to play within a small outfit dynamic.

If your interested in talking about joining Vipor Unit then you can contact me on this thread or by:-

Twitter. - @ViporUnit
    Ingame: - Cdogg

Hope to hear from you.

Cdogg
  2. Faithwolf

what sort of targets are you talking? I mean, I would LOVE to join a squad that focusses in simply initiating combat. then when the masses show up.. we buzz off to our next objective. I hate the zerg :p

will add on steam
  3. AncientW

Hmmm... sounds pretty interesting. How would you go about doing that? We'd get dropped off by a Galaxy and destroy their generators and capture the main objectives? Capping the main objective takes too long. While capping we're like fish in a barrel... as far as I know the Special Forces units get in, do the objective and get out as fast as possible but capping in PS2 takes ages.

I like the idea but I'm not sure if it would work in game. But we can try tho. My steam is ancientw and nickname is [BTTLSTAR] Burger. Also, my in-game name is BttlstarBurger.

Daniel.
  4. Cdog

Hey Pal,

Capping objectives where possible would be great, but there's much more to it really. Our aim is more to disrupt and distract the enemy. We'd be aiming at mixing up some of the following.

Convoy interception/disruption (taking out that Sunday full of troops on its way to the front line could be a game changer for the base under attack. Or destroying the air to air turrets on enemy bases, clearing the way for our forces to get air support overhead as they push up the map.

Or booby trapping the enemies main supply routes...or just provided recon for our forces from behind enemy lines...

The list endless..

It's a different way of playing the game, rather than following the Zerg and blasting anything in your way.

Hope that gives you an idea of what I think we could make of this outfit.

I'm not on steam, but you can buzz me on Skype @ Colinthepally.

Hope you want to join.

Cdogg
  5. AncientW

It would be great if I could join but I have to improve in many aspects. I'm far from being a good player so I don't know if I would be of any use in a small team. But I can give it a shot.

I always have problems with Skype so I don't really use it, but I'll try to add you in-game. Thanks for the response :)
  6. Faithwolf

to be honest the role on the battlefield could be fantastic.

if a hex is under heavy attack, you push behind the lines and cap the one behind is, forcing them to pull back and recap it. alleviating the pressure on your troops.

or you simply go around and initiate assaults. typically.. players see a flashin hex and move to it. so the theory is, if we start the cap, backup will not be far away.
  7. Cdog

Exactly!

Infiltrate, initiate and exfiltrate!

We'll be using sunderers and galaxies to move around the map initiating contacts and causing disruption and as soon as the main force arrives we' slip out the back door and be on to our next target.

The other good thing with the small team scenario is that each member of the team can focus on one class (their favourite) and we can build the team around each players skills sets and build.

Really looking forward to playing with you guys. Hopefully I will be on tonight from 7pm. (Works manic this week cos we shutdown for Xmas, so bare with me if I'm not online as much as I normally would.)

Cdogg