Videos recorded in game not working.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Typhoeus, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Typhoeus

I just noticed the short videos I've been capturing with the in game recorder do not work. Seems to only affect videos from a couple months ago till right now. Older videos work fine. VLC, Winamp, Windows media player, Divx player... all of them play the audio but no video. Tried uploading to youtube as a last ditch idea. It couldn't process the video because it did not recognize the format.

Looked up some much older threads on the topic and lot's of claims of videos under 1gb having this problem. Thing is I have plenty of old videos under 1gb (some as low as 170mb) and they all work fine. Is the current in game recorder just completely busted or what?
  2. Plunutsud pls

The ingame video tool has been broken for months, ever since the 64-bit client update.
  3. drstrange2014

SOE are not fixing it and won't be in the foreseeable future. They're just pretending that it's not an issue. A better alternative is to use something like MSI Afterburnder/Dxtory/Shadowplay. If you don't have access to those, then Twitch - stream your gameplay and then just save the highlights when you're ready and upload them to YouTube, download them to your hard drive, or whatever you want to do with them. Plus, you can set it so that you can stream at good quality without any real performance hit.