[Video] Yay! First Emerald Hate Tell

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Takoita

I have uttered some very... not-nice things about some players that got me in one way or the other during my time in PS2 in the privacy of my room or the teamspeak channel, but sending hate tells? That's kinda rude.
  2. TeknoBug

Yeah well I'm waiting for server transfers to get off Mattherson... er Emerald.

Don't worry, I ran over a bunch of VS with my Magrider, they loved me after that.
  3. Rohxer

Funny video. Those guys clearly had never encountered your play style before. They were not used to being "stalked"!
  4. Inex

I want to blame the BS of the X-bow insta-kill, but honestly the number of times they flashed her with the light and walked away... :eek:
  5. Moz

Nice Beaver!

Who knew one Beaver can take on all those [DOG]s!! ;-)
  6. DK22

he very likely knew you were there, just ignoring you. I see enemies all the time less than half shoot me, and I don't shoot them.
  7. Theter

Nice video, theh playstyle reminded me the revolver/cloak and dagger Spy in TF2, very easy to make people mad if they don't know what's going on.

Got my first hate tell around lvl 25 when a lvl 100 insulted me after I Tbagged his dead body (he was HA, I was medic haha)
  8. Plunutsud pls

Hate tell?

Oh yeah, I roadkilled another friendly in my Sunderer, those squishies are so small compared to that machine, I never notice them.

He told me to warpgate.

Ai crai evri taim.

Death means nothing in this game. Hate tells are overrated.
  9. Iridar51

Ultimately, useless gameplay, but **** those are impressive plays. Would link the video to people looking l2p as stalker infil.

How do you play on ESDF though? Do you have large hands or something? I tried it once, and quickly realized that I can't conveniently press Ctrl, Shift, Tab and "~" keys, which are instrumental. Can't live without dem scoreboards. Jk.
    • Up x 1
  10. FROG55JON

11. DFDelta

The rate and intensity of your received hate tells are the one true messure of your skill in this game.
    SPM, KD, KPH can all be faked or inflated, but the hatred you receive is earned.

Don't ruin it, man.
  12. CuteBeaver

No I have tiny little girl hands.

When I was a child... my kindergarten / G1 teacher would tie my left hand behind my back to the chair. I was originally a lefty, but she was a religious wack job. She also took away all the lefty scissors o_O . By the time I figured out she was "misguided" (shh i was just a kid) and started to question things, the damage was done, and it led me to develop some interesting ambidextrous habits through life. I'v just learned to accept them and use them to my benefit. Ex I was a really good goalie in school.

As far as Planetside 2 goes, I use the arrow keys like a left handed person does, however I use my left hand instead. But I use my right hand for the mouse. :confused: I opted for the Naga Molten, and rebound my mouse to use the F1-F12 keys instead of the typical numbers 1-0 - + for side of my mouse's 12 button grid... I then assigned my in game preferences to those F1-F12 to switch weapons, knife, and even cloak to the grid keys. Essentially the thumb controls all these actions. While my fingers control shooting and aiming like normal. The jump mouse key is located at the top side left hand side of the mouse and is controlled by my trigger finger.

[IMG]

Meanwhile my left hand controls all movement, crouching, sprinting ect using the keyboard. I use all the keys near by. Including the numpad for specific things like redeploy. Honking a horn, turning lumifiber on disco tank OFF// ON ect. The letters on my keyboard are used for typing! :p

I really wouldn't advise anyone trying to copy me... Just that they are mindful of their reaction times and key allocations. If we do something that feels un-natural it just wont work. I'v had friends IRL tell me how strange my setup is but honestly it works for me.

Edit: Anytime I am limited to doing one action - I consider using the grid. Ex I cannot pull out both a Proxy and the Knife. I have to pick only one of them. So I put it on the thumb grid. I only have one thumb on my right hand. But when it comes to moving around I could be crouched and or sprinting and left and right all over the place. So I use a hand and keyboard. Duno if that makes sense but thats how I assign stuffs.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheShrapnelKing

I'm not good enough to get hate tells :(
  14. Souleater

I get noob tells now and again. I figure that in a way it is a compliment as I must have really stood out in my inteptitude to deserve singling out.

I find the question over the ESDF keys a bit odd. I personally find the ability to re-center my hand using the 'pimple' on the F key invaluable. And I have bound Q, A, \, and Z to other functions.

Certainly don't 'lose' any keys. Shift and CTRL are a little further away, true. But I only use those when trying not to crash my ESF.

#Mousebuttonenvy I have a Logitech G700 with only a measly four thumb buttons.
    • Up x 1