[Video] Yay! First Emerald Hate Tell

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Jun 27, 2014.

1. CuteBeaver

Sometimes people get mad over the simplest things... Have you received your first emerald hate tell yet? Pictures please! I guess I am sharing because 1) its a fun video and 2) nothing makes me happier then making a HA rage.

Can't wait until I can hit those flying LA's... their tears will be delicious. Have a good Friday everyone :)
    • Up x 9
  2. Epicstrat

I got mine last night on Amerish from one of the [V] guys. Sadly, no picture, but I can provide a story. I was hiding in a bush like I do with my auto scout rifle, and I see some Vanu running across a lake. Their sunderer was right there, so there were a few targets. I pick one running in a predictable path and gun him down before he can do anything. After retreating a bit I get the tell tale ping of a message. This br 90 something seemed absolutely appalled that the Waterson crew would employ such "cheese" tactics as shooting an enemy who wasn't looking at you, and proceeded to tell me that Matterson owned Emerald, that my days of easy kills were over, and that I was in the big leagues now. I, having one of my best nights in a long time, was laughing my *** off. Fun times.
    • Up x 4
  3. TheBlindFreak

Yeah, the Mattherson VS community is insanely toxic. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
  4. m44v

Nice gameplay. I don't remember any hate tells as infil, although now I don't play infil as much as I did.
  5. Gemenai

Nice video. And congratz to your first hate tell on "new" server.
    Such a cute beaver ;)
  6. Get2dachoppa

After a long drought, I finally got a hate tell shortly before the merge. Was playing as a light assault on the roof of a Tech Plant and ambushed an Engineer repairing one of the turrets up there. Apparently, they considered getting shot in the back while repairing to be a reportable offense. :rolleyes:

Edit: Would like to add this wasn't some low BR noobish player either but a BR 50+
    • Up x 2
  7. Hoki

hackusation, hate tells different

hackusations should be an achievement unlock.
  8. m44v

Probably everyone has it unlocked, hacking is rampant after all. Is so sad that players use the report tool so liberally, is no wonder that SOE takes a while in finding the real hackers if half of the player base reports the other half.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rikkit

@ Beaver: Do you use adrenalin pump in your loadout?
    And dam, that was awesome, i have to try this type of game on my own...
  10. Eaderout

I think it was an ammo or grenade belt?
  11. Eaderout

Nice moves on this video. I wish I could take video with my computer but eh in time.
  12. CuteBeaver

Yeah I use bando with EMPs. While the pump made running ambushes easier I found with stalker I could be more selective and pick the moment instead. The EMP's and the crossbows have really great synergy.
    • Up x 2
  13. Mustarde

I had a hard time choosing between bando or ammo belt with my stalker+bow filtrator. But it's hard to beat the bando... excellent synergy.

My first hate tell from Emerald

"Great, I knew this merger would bring in a ton of hackers!"

My response: "But you are FROM MATTHERSON!"

"SO WHAT? DO YOU HACK OR NOT?!?"

"JUST ASK ABOUT ME IN YOUR OUTFIT CHAT"

Silence.
    • Up x 2
  14. Rikkit

trolololol :D sometimes i wish i were as good(to slow) and famous(to lazy) as you and beaver :D
    BTW: @ Beaver, thanks for all your tutorials for klimbing on buildings and other struktures. They helped me a lot....
    Mountain Goat mode ftw
  15. ewokinarmor

Is it....odd that I haven't received any hate tells yet and I'm a Level 37(I think) infiltrator on Connery? Also, where can I find these mountain goat videos? They sound extremely useful.
  16. CuteBeaver

I'v been gathering them up in a parkour playlist on my youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDSGbSi_LsVUS4rFkFTW7LyMD5_eOgOx0

When I train sometimes I shadowplay record it and post the footage with some music. With the Server Smashes and [3GIS] ops, I have had zero time to make another one. I'v also been addicted to the crossbow and am coming along with it leaps and bounds from when I first started. SOE removed the interlink facility which was a wonderful playground. Hossin in general is fantastic for jumping shenanigans. I need to make another video of some of the excellent locations.
  17. Epicstrat

God... I can never do those jumps right. I used to be able to do the bio lab ones regularly... But something changed either on my end or with the game and they take me forever now. I was never able to do anything outside of the bio lab either... Do you offer private training? :p
    • Up x 1
  18. Pirbi

The times I get hate tells they are so unreadable it takes me ten minutes to figure out I got one. You want to Rebort me? How's that work? Oh, report? Awesome! It would be more awesome if the person could form a coherent sentence.

But that's a great video.
    • Up x 1
  19. CuteBeaver

Rebort?

o_O That sounds kinda scary.

Epic if your on Emerald add me to friends, we might be able to figure out what happened. I have noticed gradual performance loss over time. I welcome the hit, if this means we get more cover and hiding spots in bases. There was also changes to movement which caused me trouble climbing a few months ago. I overcame these changes by "looking where I wanted to go" with mouse and using sideways momentum (left and right keys) to boost speed & stabilize. By using your mouse to look, you actually very slightly throw your momentum in that direction. This is how I am able to go around corners or really tight trees, or sometimes up a little bit higher for a jump because I am facing skyward. Its subtle but seems to help in situations where your prone to falling off or sliding off objects. Helping you to regain control, and keep going in the direction you want, instead of were the game is trying to force you. Hossin feels slightly slippery but otherwise its good.

I have OPS Monday as VS, Tues as NC, Wed as TR, so those days are not good for me. Just add me and poke me when I am online we can figures it out.
  20. geekrider

He called you a monkey? How does one not know the difference between a monkey and a beaver?