[video] Wraith bombing

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by GrandpaFlipfox, Jun 4, 2013.

1. GrandpaFlipfox

I thought I'd share this little tactic I've been using to get my explosive toting friend near enemy vehicles quickly. We don't exactly pull it off here but you get the idea. Wraith flash + explosive carrying friend = dead tank/sundy.

Perfect for tanks that are keeping their distance from the fight and feel a bit too safe.
    • Up x 2
  2. Amouris

I'd suggest the C4 + Wraith combo. Instant tank/sundy kills. They never see it coming... get it?
    • Up x 1
  3. GrandpaFlipfox

C4 is definitely the ideal choice but as long as you use two of them tank mines work in a pinch. And if you've got HA friends that feel dumb for getting C4 this is a good way to cheer them up.
    • Up x 2
  4. Vanon

I always used a HA with 2 C4, for the exact reason the video shows, or a tank mine engineer with a smoke granade launcher.
    • Up x 1
  5. Dr. Euthanasia

You could also just do this solo by starting as an Engineer, slapping the C4 onto your Wraith's hood, and detonating it on arrival with any kind of explosive weapon. Yeah, you'll die... but there's even less chance of retaliation and you don't need two people to do it.
    • Up x 2
  6. Rudmed

I fear we are throwing stealth out with such inventions......oh well, who cares as long as you have a blast doing it?

......Pun not intended.
    • Up x 1
  7. GrandpaFlipfox

That's good enough for a single annoying tank/sundy but we usually do a drop off so hopefully the wraith and driver aren't spotted at all. Then while the fireworks are going off the driver heads back to a safe spawn or a nice place to drop a beacon. That way the instant the bomber is alive again you're ready to hit the next target. Less down time more explosions.

Of course when I say usually I mean the five times we've done this total. So I'm sure there's still a few little optimizations we've yet to figure out.
    • Up x 1
  8. salembeats

I can't see that video link on my phone.

Anyway, you could always just attack tanks outright from a good distance behind them. An engineer is nice for mines, av mana, and repairs if you succeed.
  9. Biddion

You are a master at that and not many can pull off what you do so often. 9/10 the lightning I am attacking blast me off my ride before I get seriously damaged.

To the OP, if you want to get in behind vehicles with anti-tank mines, the vehicles should be deployed. Otherwise bring your HA friend with C4. Also, equip your flash with stealth, not just cloaking. One lvl should do it so when you get off your flash as it does not show on the targets radar. Tank drivers look at their maps often, I would guess.
  10. salembeats

It was the same with me when I started doing it, but I believe that everyone can get better with it and cause the Flash metagame to progress :D
    • Up x 1
  11. lawn gnome

i love my C4. a single C4 charge with a rocket to trigger it can kill anything short of a sunderer.
  12. miraculousmouse

Cant you put a fury on th flash as well? Finish it off that way.
  13. lawn gnome

it is a smaller fury version but yes they do get one.
  14. STR1D3R109

Get full stealth and do it with any class; most tanks only look at the mini map for enemies xD

anyway ive done this quite a few times to kill sundys with furies on the front.
  15. Rift23

Confirming this works. Explosives stay when you switch classes so spawn the wraith, use c4/ordinance engineer to turn it into a guided invisible missile, and never think infiltrators can't hurt armor ever again.
  16. Stinneyt

Stick your C4 to the front of the flash.
    Your buddy exits the vehicle with detonator in hand.
    you drive right up to the back of the tank. Give the order to detonate, and BOOM!

You will die, but its more important to remove the tank or sunderer from the battle.

EDIT:
    For solo, get an ESF with safe eject function.
    Engineer with 3x Tank mines and Sticky grenades.
    Mark sunderer or tank on map.
    Fly over ejecting exactly over waypoint.
    If you're good you might land ON the sundie.
    Drop tank mines, throw sticky grenade at them.
    RUN!
    Kill any stragglers

You wouldnt believe how often I do this, and how often it can change the course of a battle.
  17. Moz

Awww man, im doing this with some C4.

Plop it on then decloak jus in the guys view, soon as he starts to turn the turret to you *BLAMO*....... Nothing but high tech scrap!