[Video] Trust me I am an Engineer

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by omfgweeee, May 4, 2015.

1. omfgweeee

"Enineer doesnt have any advantages while fighting" or "Engie is true support class" are the 2 most common things you can read about Engineer in forumside and reditside.

I say thats no true and giving some simple examples of that. Engineer is the most versitate class in the game (yes even more versitate than HA) and it may take him a few seconds to place his stuff and careful choise place to do it, the effect is devastating.

A single AI turret placed on right place can hold multiple enemys on its own. Yes AI turret is sniper magnet but with time when you learn how and when to place it this changes. Turrets, all kinds of explosives, infinite ammo, most powerful dmg granade is just the cherry top of real engie power. Enjoy!
    • Up x 1
  2. Ximaster

A video of engineer,there is few of those videos,seems that there was a lot of infiltrators,but not engies. Btw,whats the name of ur primary weapon??? It have mortar.
  3. AlterEgo

The Engineer is one of the most potentially deadly classes in any game. Their access to many forms of equipment gives them an advantage in any situation, and I personally think it should be that way. The Engineer in Planetside doesn't have enough to solidify their position as the weapons' support class, and in a straight fight, using their equipment should give them some leeway when it comes to cover or fire power.
    • Up x 1
  4. CuteBeaver

I have a soft spot for combat engineers.

[IMG]

One of my favorite people to play with in the game was a "tink" engineer . We got into so much fun, he taught me how to use mines , not to kill enemies but as early warning systems. This was useful when I would have to leave the motion spotter with the rest of 3GIS and then he and I would leave to the next base to make the connection blind. No one would have imagined the shenanigans a stalker and combat engineer could have. When we knew there was an enemy sniper (this was before EMP changes) I'd sit on top of his turret cloaked with my *** facing the door so when the sniper tried to take a shot at him he would istead hit my left cheek :). (Caution: You have to be really really close to the gunner or else you will take damage from the turret as it fires) For the times when I did have the motion available that turret is downright nasty when EMP's help it out. Not to mention even a slight wound from the turret would cause my crossbow to become a one hit kill for headshots. Other times he would leave a turret for me as bait for enemy players to investigate... Then stabbings would ensue. Those were good times and I miss the teamwork we had. Sadly he quit :(
  5. AlterEgo

I cried twice.
    Once when I saw the rabbit.
    Then again when your m9 got randomly shot and quit.
    :D
    But yeah, the ways in which we regard classes can be seriously influenced by our past experiences. I once got into a hole with a Heavy Assault a good amount of months ago. I was a LA, so I got out easily. The Heavy couldn't, though. It was a legit hole, not easy to climb out of, but I decided to go back in, and try it out. Using the wonderful skill of parkour, I managed to get out without using my jetpack. I did the same thing over and over, showing the guy what to do. At last, after six and something minutes, the guy made one last determined jump. He got out easily. Ever since, the HA has been my go-to class on VS. I'll never forget the guy... well, maybe I forgot his name, but the memory is all that counts:p
  6. omfgweeee

Bandit and the Auraxed Carabine.