[Video]Trapping a ZOE Max between 2 C4 Priceless!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by WaaWaa, Nov 18, 2013.

1. WaaWaa

If you had any time played on the NC or TR, or were the least bit objective or concerned about gameplay balance, you would understand. When your empire has the OP thing, it's kinda hard to be neutral or objective.
    • Up x 1
  2. MajiinBuu

I have played on all three empires. I am concerned about the balance, but I think it's pretty balanced as it is. I always hear TR and NC blaming base losses on ZOE, I look around and 1 out of every 20 players is using a MAX, and they might not even have ZOE.
    Anybody can be nuetral or objective, doesn't matter the empire. Every empire has it's own unique traits, some might be better than others. Just look past the bad and enjoy everything else that's good about it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alarox

I don't believe you are objective because your stance makes no sense to me (as in I don't even see how you came to the conclusion that you did, not even that I disagree), and so the only logical conclusion I can make as to how you arrived at yours, is that you are biased or inexperienced in facing the ZoE MAX.
  4. MajiinBuu

I've never faced one, and I rarely use one :3
  5. Alarox

Oh. In which case, I'll just (genuinely) let you know what fighting them is like.

Infantry wise, it is incredibly frustrating. The only thing that can take them down reliably is concussion grenade + C4, but that is only reliable in small groups. When you're dealing with large battles there's no reliable way to take them down. You can't get close obviously because they'll obliterate you. Rockets and grenades aren't effective since they have such high mobility. Bullets can work, but only en masse at a distance. When in CQC with a ZoE you don't have a chance.

The problem with fighting a ZoE MAX is that you simply don't have a chance to fight back as infantry in almost every engagement, and unlike the other MAXes you CAN'T run away. If we have 10 guys in the room and you bring in a ZoE MAX out of random, you will most likely wipe out all 10 guys. The combination of high damage and speed means you can mow down multiple guys within a second or two, and the ones that survive have low accuracy against the fast moving ZoE. If the guys can somehow manage to survive long enough to threaten the ZoE, the ZoE can simply run away!

Compare this to any other MAX. With the ZoE as an enemy you can't run away, they can easily get away, and they have enough ammunition and damage to kill everything at CQC.

The NC MAX has huge CQC damage, but isn't as skilled as the ZoE in its current form. The ZoE may not insta-gib (less than half a second is close though) but it doesn't need to reload until after the engagement. The NC MAX can get 3-4 guys then must reload. In addition, the NC MAX can be run from and can't run away. He also can't dodge rockets or grenades.

The TR MAX can mow down an entire room like the ZoE, but has higher TTK and so the infantry have more time to react. In addition he, like the NC MAX, can easily be run from, hit by grenades and rockets, and can't reliably flee after engaging the enemy.

--------------

In terms of AV from a tanker perspective, they are also incredibly frustrating. Against an NC or TR MAX, they move slowly and (in the case of the TR) need to be stationary to deal maximum damage. They are vulnerable to my gunner and I shooting them and dispatching them in two hits. In addition, their AV is projectile based and can be avoided. The VS on the other hand gains increased damage but can strafe consistently to avoid even the most well-aimed shots a tank can fire. It is almost impossible to hit a ZoE MAX reliably, meanwhile he will shred your tank. The ZoE also has an extremely high-velocity attack that can't be avoided through moving, so he can hit you for massive reliable damage while you are likely unable to even scratch him.
    • Up x 1
  6. MajiinBuu

That was actually very informative and made much sense. I'll probably spawn more ZOE inb4 the nerf
  7. SinerAthin

You can kill infantry in a single burst from your shotguns. Your time to kill is faster than the VS MAX. If you place both a VS and NC MAX into a crowded room, then the NC is going to get to 10 kills the fastest (if using extended mags).

Yes, the ZOE does offer more mobility. That is its strength. It still has a longer TKK than the VS MAX.

I tend to survive more encounters with a ZOE MAX as NC than I do with the NC MAX as VS, because with the NC MAX it's insta-death upon contact, whereas with the VS MAX I can sometimes evade around a corner with 1/3 of my life left.
    That the ZOE shines bright pink also makes it very easy to see in practically any situation.
  8. Ceskaz

And what will you do with this 1/3 of life ? How will it help you killing this ZOE MAX ?
    On the other hand, you may be insta-gibbed (damn I miss Unreal Tournament) by NC MAX, but honnestly, that is rarely the case, even in CQC, you need 2 volley. And 2 volley is 1/5 of an extended mag scatt MAX. Do TR and VS MAX need to empty 1/5 of their mag to down an enemy ?
    When an NC MAX is at 8~10 meter, it can easily be 4 or 5 volley, half our mag... Plus, I really don't agree that most of the encounter are within its range.

Also, one point with VS MAX : headshot. NC MAX, with shot pellet must relly on luck to achieve headshot (plus, we have a headshot multiplier of 1.5x, compared to 2x for VS and TR), except at very short range. With its accurate weapons, a VS MAX can land headshot if it has the skill for. I'm all for rewarding skill, it's just that TR and NC can't be rewarded the same way because of their weapon's poorer accuracy.
  9. WaaWaa

You forget that the NC MAX uses shotguns, while the VS weapons are pinpoint accurate. In theory, you would be correct, but in practice the ZOE MAX kills more than the NC MAX in 1 magazine. In your scenario, the NC MAX would most likely kill 2 to 3 guys (depending on how close/far they are ofc) because shotgun pellets are unreliable at longer ranges and you're constantly reloading (part of the nerf to the NC MAX's was reducing their ammo capacity as well as magazine size). Thus, you're scenario would not happen in reality land.

And that's fine that you're focusing on the NC vs VS MAX scenario, but as an infantrymen the I would rather fight an NC MAX because a ZOE MAX can practically instagib me from across a hallway, and if he can't, he'll chase me down and there won't be anything I can do about it. NC MAX, I can run around it, run away from it, and pick at him from range, slowly reducing his armor if he doesn't have support.